Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUDad
Seems the time has changed for the regional selections by one-half hour...

"The 2018 NCAA Division I Men’s Golf Championships selections announcement will take place next Wednesday, May 2 at 6 p.m. ET, on Golf Channel, during Golf Central, and streamed live on the Golf Channel website."

https://www.ncaa.com/news/golf-men/arti ... ections-be

Liberty is currently # 40 in the nation despite playing without injured Kieran Vincent who was 3nd on the team in stroke average last year as a freshman.
By LUDad
Playing close to home! Lonnie Poole in Raleigh. Regional field is listed below. Top 5 teams will advance to National Finals.

1. Georgia Tech (8)
2. California (5)
3. Texas (18)
4. Arizona State (17)
5. Duke (29)
6. North Carolina State (35)
7. Liberty (38)
8. Missouri (36)
9. Santa Clara (51)
10. Campbell (62)
11. Middle Tennessee State (73)
12. Augusta (111)
13. Davidson (194)
14. Iona (262)
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Vincent. I couldnt place what was missing all year. Real good showing this year without him. It kinda stinks though because this could have been a top 25 year with him easy.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Flames finished first round of regional play today at -4, currently tied for 7th out of 14 teams. Top 5 advance to Nationals, Flames are currently 4 strokes off top 5.
By LUDad
First day of NCAA was reminiscent of the Big South tournament where Liberty was mired in 6th place, 8 strokes off the lead after the first day. However, Liberty roared back the next two days to win that tournament by 19 strokes.

The bright side in the NCAA tournament is that is that Liberty is already heading in the right direction going into day two. Liberty was 7 OVER par today after completing their first 3 holes. They finished the last 15 holes 11 UNDER par. Had they simply shot par for those first 3 holes Liberty would be in 2nd place heading into day two instead of tied for 7th.

So, they have clawed their way back into contention. They simply need to keep their momentum going.

http://results.golfstat.com//public/lea ... &tid=15137
Last edited by LUDad on May 14th, 2018, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Tied for 5th with AZ State. We are 4 strokes up on the next team. Does anyone know what they do in the event of a tie for the final spot?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Still holding steady by a stroke in that 5th & final slot with a few holes to go. It is awesome to see us above traditional powerhouses like Arizona State, Cal & Augusta on the leaderboard.

While I enjoy seeing the Horns posting those numbers, UT's two biggest rivals are doing the same in Norman & College Station.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Tied for 5th with AZ State. We are 4 strokes up on the next team. Does anyone know what they do in the event of a tie for the final spot?
I believe they take the cumulative of the non-counting scores which is super lame. They should do a 1 or 3 hole playoff.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Top 5 move on to Nationals!

Those are some freaking power house programs LU is sitting with right now. Other than Texas. That’s obviously a fluke
By LUDad
Purple Haize wrote:

Those are some freaking power house programs LU is sitting with right now. Other than Texas. That’s obviously a fluke
These guys are good. They have shown they can hang with these best in the country throughout the Spring. On hole 16 Lench's tee shot rolled off the fairway into a ravine filled with tall weeds. I figured he would punch out. But no, Lench hits a long shot straight uphill to a green on a plateau to save par. Incredible.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

These guys are good. They have shown they can hang with these best in the country throughout the Spring. On hole 16 Lench's tee shot rolled off the fairway into a ravine filled with tall weeds. I figured he would punch out. But no, Lench hits a long shot straight uphill to a green on a plateau to save par. Incredible.

Waiting for Gabe Lench to explode and show what he is capable of. He is the most sought-after golf recruit we have ever signed, and has had a good, but not great, college career so far. Physically not your average golfer. Dude is 6'3" 275.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
What time do we tee off today, and is there any audio or video options ?
By LUDad
LU taking hit after hit from powerhouse Ariziona State but punches right back. Incredible grit and poise under pressure. This LU golf team belongs on the big stage.
By LUDad
R i wrote:What time do we tee off today, and is there any audio or video options ?
No, but if you live in Raleigh area there is time to get out to the course to watch the team on the back 9 (actually front 9 since they started on back 9).
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Arizona State surged this morning past us into 5th and holds a 2-stroke lead on us for the final slot to Nationals early on the back nine.
By LUDad
Going 7 strokes over par (10 counting the 5th player) over the first three holes of the tournament did not leave us any room for error.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:Going 7 strokes over par (10 counting the 5th player) over the first three holes of the tournament did not leave us any room for error.
I won't argue that fact, but on a day when most teams were improving on their first two rounds scores, we had our worst day. We were the third highest score for the day, ahead of only the two schools who were completely out of it the whole tournament.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]