If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUminary wrote:Villanova destroying Radford 34-10 midway through first half. :shock:
58-29 with 15 minutes to play. Radford actually played them even for about a 12 minute span, but the damage was done, and now NOVA is pulling away again.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty would have been a better representative from BSC than Radford.

#16 Penn gave #1 Villanova a game today, until late.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Liberty would have been a better representative from BSC than Radford.

#16 Penn gave #1 Villanova a game today, until late.
While I would like to say I think we could have given Nova a better game than Radford did today, the fact is, we had 3 chances to beat them this year and lost all 3 times, so we will never know. Personally, I am not a fan of Radford in general, but from what I know, their basketball team has pretty much stayed classy this year.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
It's crazy to think we should've won the Houston and UNCG game.

Ballcoach you stay saying dumb stuff. It's all about match ups and Nova would've lit us up from 3. We would've lost by 30+ easily.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:#16 Penn gave #1 Villanova a game today, until late.
No, they didn’t.

Kansas is the weakest of the 1-seeds.

Lost a final four team in my bracket with Zona’s loss. Sean Miller practically ran off the court.

Loyola(Chicago) is UVA’s mini-me.

URI is FEISTY.

Heart breaks for VT. Love me some Buzz Williams! Foul trouble killed them, I think. Sexton (Alabama) is the REAL DEAL.

Michigan looks sloppy. Too much time off?

Looking to tomorrow: LET’s Goooooooo MOUNTAINEERS!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Buffalo shocks Arizona for the upset of the evening! :shock:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:#16 Penn gave #1 Villanova a game today, until late.
No, they didn’t.

Kansas is the weakest of the 1-seeds.

Lost a final four team in my bracket with Zona’s loss. Sean Miller practically ran off the court.

Loyola(Chicago) is UVA’s mini-me.

URI is FEISTY.

Heart breaks for VT. Love me some Buzz Williams! Foul trouble killed them, I think. Sexton (Alabama) is the REAL DEAL.

Michigan looks sloppy. Too much time off?

Looking to tomorrow: LET’s Goooooooo MOUNTAINEERS!
It’s obvious ballcoach lives in an Alternate Sports Universe.

Guess the fact that NO PAC 12 made it out of the first Round ends the ‘Should USC have made it” debate.

I don’t trust The Mountaineers. Love them to death though.

You think HCTG was wearing some old Buffalo gear last night?

This Tourney really is wide open
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:
VAGolf wrote:For a breakdown on UVA, Virginia Tech and Radford, give our latest podcast a listen here: https://www.spreaker.com/user/cjsweatsh ... e-hunter_1

The infamous, Tim Scarborough, joins in at around the 17 minute mark.
Love it.

Didn't know you were doing show under Virginia Sports Report. We used to publish a magazine with that name. You want our logo? It's not being used anymore for anything.

Thanks for listening! Wednesday was our first podcast. We also have a website, that's still in progress: http://www.virginiasportsreport.com

That logo is awesome! I just paid to have ours made though. lol.

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Always good to beat old purple-faced Greg Marshall. :oops: = :pbjtime
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
And Marshall has the best shot blocker in the country; and they have a shooting guard named Elmore whose dad played for VMI.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:And Marshall has the best shot blocker in the country; and they have a shooting guard named Elmore whose dad played for VMI.
Best shot blocker in the Country? Easy there son.....
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:And Marshall has the best shot blocker in the country; and they have a shooting guard named Elmore whose dad played for VMI.
I remember his dad playing for VMI. I'm getting old.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The best shot blocker in the country got fouled out on ticky tack calls and his team lost in OT. The Dance now becomes a side note in my house.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:The best shot blocker in the country got fouled out on ticky tack calls and his team lost in OT. The Dance now becomes a side note in my house.
No. WVU won convincingly Kanate was in early foul trouble like usual but did fine. The little fellow in the post for Texas did foul out on a questionable call but may have gotten away with one on the first shot. Either way Texas should have pulled that one out
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
How about CBS letting the Nevada coach drop about 5 F-bombs on live TV. Doh!!

I’ve seen Bamba and Kanate a lot. Haven’t seen Marshall’s guy. Kanate is better than Bamba.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:How about CBS letting the Nevada coach drop about 5 F-bombs on live TV. Doh!!

I’ve seen Bamba and Kanate a lot. Haven’t seen Marshall’s guy. Kanate is better than Bamba.
Kanate is the best I’ve seen. But I wasn’t alive for much of Wilt or Russell. It’s like he’s truly playing volleyball out there on defense. It’s fun to watch. The Texas fellow isn’t bad. But he’s better than the kid on West Virgina’s jV team Play Basketball Play Basketball
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
NCAA shot blocking statistics for the boys who don't believe me that Marshall's guy is leading the nation:

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-m ... vidual/138
Blocked Shots Per GameLast updated - March 16, 2018 Through games of March 15, 2018
RANK NAME TEAM CL HEIGHT POSITION G BLKS BKPG
1 Ajdin Penava Marshall Jr. 6-9 F 32 130 4.06
2 Mohamed Bamba Texas Fr. 6-11 F 29 108 3.72
3 Sagaba Konate West Virginia So. 6-8 F 33 109 3.30
4 Tai Odiase Ill.-Chicago Sr. 6-9 C 33 108 3.27
5 Jaren Jackson Jr. Michigan St. Fr. 6-11 F 33 104 3.15
6 Hayden Koval Central Ark. Fr. 7-0 C 33 103 3.12
7 Trayvon Reed Texas Southern --- - 29 89 3.07
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:The best shot blocker in the country got fouled out on ticky tack calls and his team lost in OT. The Dance now becomes a side note in my house.
Marshall actually won Sly (Marshall the school that is)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:NCAA shot blocking statistics for the boys who don't believe me that Marshall's guy is leading the nation:

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-m ... vidual/138
Blocked Shots Per GameLast updated - March 16, 2018 Through games of March 15, 2018
RANK NAME TEAM CL HEIGHT POSITION G BLKS BKPG
1 Ajdin Penava Marshall Jr. 6-9 F 32 130 4.06
2 Mohamed Bamba Texas Fr. 6-11 F 29 108 3.72
3 Sagaba Konate West Virginia So. 6-8 F 33 109 3.30
4 Tai Odiase Ill.-Chicago Sr. 6-9 C 33 108 3.27
5 Jaren Jackson Jr. Michigan St. Fr. 6-11 F 33 104 3.15
6 Hayden Koval Central Ark. Fr. 7-0 C 33 103 3.12
7 Trayvon Reed Texas Southern --- - 29 89 3.07
You said ‘Best’ not ‘Leading’ shot blocker. Would you let that verbal slip pass in Quiz Bowl? I think not!!! If I played in the Midget League I’d lead the World I’m blocked shots. Doesn’t make me the best!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]