The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Easy for you to say that our teams should schedule all their non conference games against high major powers ballcoach. You aren't the one who would be taking all the butt-kickings. Green does a good job of sprinkling in some of those along with games against other teams at our level and 2 non D-1s max yearly.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Has ballcoach even been to an LU girls basketball game this year? I've only been to 2.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I went to 1. The WBB schedule did not line up properly with my other schedules. In reality, I saw less basketball games this past season than any season in over 20 years. (men's, women's and high school)

Softball takes priority over other sports

I have seen 18 LU softball games at this juncture in season.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Has ballcoach even been to an LU girls basketball game this year? I've only been to 2.
You should invite your Man Crush Out more.
BTW - Marshall and WVU potentially matched up in NCAA
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:BTW - Marshall and WVU potentially matched up in NCAA
I saw that. The boys in Huntington would love to go Huggy Bear hunting!
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
They should’ve just put WVU as a 4 and matched them up with Marshall in the round of 64.

Ballcoach, the issue specifically with Liberty is that a lot of teams from “major” conferences don’t want to play the Lady Flames. It’s a lose-lose proposition. As someone who has worked on a lot of schedules at that level, I can tell you that scheduling games is no snap-of-the -fingers process. It’s hard.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:BTW - Marshall and WVU potentially matched up in NCAA
I saw that. The boys in Huntington would love to go Huggy Bear hunting!
I don’t like the match up. I picked Marshall to win their tournament. They were a Sweet 16 sleeper for me. Ugh
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like an 'Eer alum is afraid of little old junior college Marshall?!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Sounds like an 'Eer alum is afraid of little old junior college Marshall?!
We will get up big in the first half. After that....
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:14 seed?
Why do you people continue to doubt me? 8)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
What ballcoach drinks with his Junior Whopper: :koolaid
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider, did I tell you about the BK in South Carolina last week messing up my order ? I ordered a Whopper Jr. but they gave me a Whopper instead.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Hopefully we can go to Knoxville and beat Tennessee.
JMU was the common opponent for both teams. We lost to JMU (RPI 68) by 11 and UT (RPI 9) beat JMU by 29. But if we can make some 3's and play better defense and stay out of foul trouble we can keep it fairly close. Our RPI is 82, not bad for us Play Basketball
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Tennessee can be beat. They are not undefeated.
I can lose weight. I used to be skinnier.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Tennessee can be beat. They are not undefeated.
And Alabama's football team can be beat as well. Doesn't mean WE could beat them. In a bit of :oldhag history, this is not the first time we have met the Vols in the first round. Can't remember the year, but in the infamous "battle of the unbeatens" a Liberty squad that had gone undefeated against a schedule of cupcakes was severely pummelled by the undefeated UTK team led by Chamiqua Holzclaw.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I believe we played TN in 1998, when we both were the only 2 undefeated teams in the nation. Regardless of score of that game, NCAA should have never matched up the only 2 undefeated teams in the first round. Very poor scheduling/seeding. As a result of being undefeated, LU should have never been a 16 seed.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I believe we played TN in 1998, when we both were the only 2 undefeated teams in the nation. Regardless of score of that game, NCAA should have never matched up the only 2 undefeated teams in the first round. Very poor scheduling/seeding. As a result of being undefeated, LU should have never been a 16 seed.
At the time I agreed with you, and was upset with the seeding. After I cooled off, I realized that in the entire 29 games we won that year, there was not one really good team among them. You think the BSC is bad in WBB now? It was awful back then, and our OOC schedule was pitiful. Quite frankly, we had no business in the NCAA tournament, but the BSC tourney provided an easy path to an automatic bid.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:And Alabama's football team can be beat as well.
Hush your mouth. :lol: :football
olldflame wrote:In a bit of :oldhag history, this is not the first time we have met the Vols in the first round. Can't remember the year, but in the infamous "battle of the unbeatens" a Liberty squad that had gone undefeated against a schedule of cupcakes was severely pummelled by the undefeated UTK team led by Chamiqua Holzclaw.
I was there! Play Basketball
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]