The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Asheville leads Radford 42-38 after 3 quarters. We play the winner in tomorrows final after beating High Point 78-54 in a game we dominated most of the way.
By cruzan_flame13
I probably would rather UNCA to win and that we play them in the championship. I could be wrong, but I believe we have a better chance to take the Big South than playing against the tricky Radford lady Higlanders.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Asheville wins 60-50. They have been really good at tourney time the last few years. We split with them this year, winning the last one at home 53-48.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
You’d rather have Radford. UNCA has had LU’s number the past few years. They will be poised and ready. Well-coached team.

But LU has been dominant. And on its home floor, LU still gets it done by double digits, I believe.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Lady Flames going to the NCAA's with a 60-42 win over Asheville. Tight first half but they blew it open in the second. Congratulations Lady Flames!
By cruzan_flame13
LUGrad2000 wrote:Congratulations ladies.

Attendance was pitiful. What is the problem with students not showing up?

They’re all “studying” a.k.a on the electronic devices. These students are becoming more anti social and it’s quite sad.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I watched part of the game and the little I saw, yeah small sample size but Baker? Is one of the best PGs I’ve seen in a LibertyWbb uniform.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
LUGrad2000 wrote:Congratulations ladies.

Attendance was pitiful. What is the problem with students not showing up?

They’re all “studying” a.k.a on the electronic devices. These students are becoming more anti social and it’s quite sad.
When has women's basketball ever been a strong draw with students at the majority of colleges in America?

But sure it's the students fault. Not LU's failure to get the community to buy into LU sports when LU is literally the only game in town...
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Congrats to Coach(es) and team!!! We should be a better team next year when the redshirts become eligible and one of the bigs coming in next year will add depth and height to our frontline. I would think a 15 seed but hoping for a 14 seed. It might be a couple more years before we get back to a 12 seed like in 2005.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
My first thought was a #15 but I’m thinking being regular and Tournament champs would get LU off the 15/14 Bubble
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I was thankful for the 2 dollar ticket for faculty/students. And Baker, our freshman guard from Mississippi, is the real deal: I've never seen a flashier point guard in an LU uniform, and she's quick as lightning!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Not to diminish the contributions of a lot of others, but Baker has been the differences maker in this years team. The future is indeed looking bright. I hearby declare the temperature of Carey Green's seat to be the basketball equivalent of absolute zero.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Not to diminish the contributions of a lot of others, but Baker has been the differences maker in this years team. The future is indeed looking bright. I hearby declare the temperature of Carey Green's seat to be the basketball equivalent of absolute zero.
The pressure should be off for another couple of years anyway. It would be nice to see us win some game against better competition, every now and then. Gotta wonder how long he wants to stay? He is making a pretty nice piece of change.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Duke is still in the ACC I believe. Michigan is ranked #20. WBB does a very good job putting their non conference schedule together
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Duke and Michigan, that's only 2 games.
You didn’t specify a number.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]