If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Very bad performance on both ends of floor by VT, and bad coaching.

And after further review, ND had some help from the 3 guys in striped shirts.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:In the ACC tournament last night, the Hokies lost a 21-point second half lead and lost to Notre Dame, 71-65. :shock:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... =401019990
Yeah I was watching that game. Tech fell in love with the 3 ball in the first half and had 0 offensive flow in the second. It was painful to watch Reminded me of how WVU season has gone!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:VT fell apart in 4th quarter on D. Refs weren’t reason they lost.
If ballcoach’s team lost the Refs obviously were in on it
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Men college bball not have quarters. Have halfs. Ref is bad. No slaughter. Need Burger King.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
Men college bball not have quarters. Have halfs. Ref is bad. No slaughter. Need Burger King.

I thought you were drunk at first. Haha
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
I not know what mean :lol:

Today’s Interweb Winner is declared early!!
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:

Sitting in a Waffle House for lunch outside Knoxville, TN — and this made me snort coffee through my nose. Well done!

PS - of course I know MBB has halved and not quarters. But my game does it the right way. Haha
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Wahoowa! :clapping
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Louisville played well for about 3/4 of game. UVA is just. That. Good.

Notre Dame squarely on bubble. Boy, they’re such a different team when Wells is healthy. There’s talk every year about how committee handles a team that’s injured coming into tournament. Seems rare that we discuss what to do with a team who was w/o key player much of season, but is healthy again.

UNC started out like chumps, but finished strong. Even as a Tar Heel fan, I find it hard to believe they’re good enough to stay on the 2-line. Maybe they surprise me and earn it today and tomorrow. But I still would bet they lose early-ish in tourney. Committee will still give them enough respect they win first 1-2 games, but a tough aggressive team like a West Virginia or an AAU urn or a Michigan State - who they could meet in Sweet 16, will reveal their weaknesses, I believe.

Big XII going chalk yesterday is fun. That WVU/TT rubber match is going to be an all-out war tonight. Preparing for WVU in one day on no rest cannot be fun.

Big East is a freaking fun tourney to watch. Nova is LOADED, but I like Providence. Dude with great hair can flat out COACH! And you can tell his players LOVE him.

How about MTSU losing in CUSA?! I think the fact they lost yesterday to lowly Southern Miss, combined with the fact their coach went all NFL coaches and benched his starters in last game of season which seemingly didn’t matter, makes this team miss out. A loss yesterday only, and I think they would stay. I hope committee makes them pay, just to see MTSU fan base go nuts on coach for doing that in regular season.

Today will be fun! Unfortunately Imwont be anywhere near a TV for most of it, because I’ll be watching Tennessee girls basketball all day.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Louisville played well for about 3/4 of game. UVA is just. That. Good.

Notre Dame squarely on bubble. Boy, they’re such a different team when Wells is healthy. There’s talk every year about how committee handles a team that’s injured coming into tournament. Seems rare that we discuss what to do with a team who was w/o key player much of season, but is healthy again.

UNC started out like chumps, but finished strong. Even as a Tar Heel fan, I find it hard to believe they’re good enough to stay on the 2-line. Maybe they surprise me and earn it today and tomorrow. But I still would bet they lose early-ish in tourney. Committee will still give them enough respect they win first 1-2 games, but a tough aggressive team like a West Virginia or an AAU urn or a Michigan State - who they could meet in Sweet 16, will reveal their weaknesses, I believe.

Big XII going chalk yesterday is fun. That WVU/TT rubber match is going to be an all-out war tonight. Preparing for WVU in one day on no rest cannot be fun.

Big East is a freaking fun tourney to watch. Nova is LOADED, but I like Providence. Dude with great hair can flat out COACH! And you can tell his players LOVE him.

How about MTSU losing in CUSA?! I think the fact they lost yesterday to lowly Southern Miss, combined with the fact their coach went all NFL coaches and benched his starters in last game of season which seemingly didn’t matter, makes this team miss out. A loss yesterday only, and I think they would stay. I hope committee makes them pay, just to see MTSU fan base go nuts on coach for doing that in regular season.

Today will be fun! Unfortunately Imwont be anywhere near a TV for most of it, because I’ll be watching Tennessee girls basketball all day.
We’ve been Ed Cooley fans for awhile now. We got to see Providence play in the first round a couple of years ago. Dude can flat out coach. He does more with less than anyone in the Country. Thinks outside the box. Loves his players and his players absolutely love him. I’d love to see him get a ‘Big Time’ job but he seems to like Providence. But someone needs to get that man a raise!!
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:For a breakdown on UVA, Virginia Tech and Radford, give our latest podcast a listen here: https://www.spreaker.com/user/cjsweatsh ... e-hunter_1

The infamous, Tim Scarborough, joins in at around the 17 minute mark.
Love it.

Didn't know you were doing show under Virginia Sports Report. We used to publish a magazine with that name. You want our logo? It's not being used anymore for anything.

By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
UNCG knocked off NC State this season, too.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
It's not horseshoes or hand grenades, but we came so close to beating that UNCG team as well as Houston, who are a 6 seed. Looking forward to seeing how GA State, the NCAA tournament team we actually BEAT does against Cincinnati in a 2/15 game tomorrow.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Villanova destroying Radford 34-10 midway through first half. :shock:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]