Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Wound up 23rd. Second tire blowout did him in again after he had worked back to 15th.
Byron showed himself well, with 3 different bad breaks that were not his fault and still running at the end. He will do well.
Ballcoach I agree it was good seeing the 43 do well but I thought the #3 going to victory lane was pretty cool being 20 years since Dale took it there the first time.
The national anthem at Daytona 500 may have been best rendition I have ever heard at a sporting event.

When NASCAR comes to Martinsville I would like to see Sounds of Liberty or LU Praise sing national anthem.

And Jerry Jr. Give command to start engines. And Jonathan Falwell give pre race prayer.
ballcoach15 wrote:The national anthem at Daytona 500 may have been best rendition I have ever heard at a sporting event.

When NASCAR comes to Martinsville I would like to see Sounds of Liberty or LU Praise sing national anthem.

And Jerry Jr. Give command to start engines. And Jonathan Falwell give pre race prayer.
But it was the NAVY band ballcoach. Surely the ARMY band could do it better! 8)
olldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:The national anthem at Daytona 500 may have been best rendition I have ever heard at a sporting event.

But it was the NAVY band ballcoach. Surely the ARMY band could do it better! 8)
They can't write music with pictures.
Byron starting 11th at Phoenix. Best starting position in his four Cup races so far.
Had the lead for the first time today (good pit strategy), & made the dominant cars TAKE it from him. Plus, he held on to finish 12th.
The most impressive thing is that this track is all about mechanical grip & driver talent. Really good indication of what this team will be capable of this season, especially in the second half of the season when they return to these tracks.
Old Red wrote:Had the lead for the first time today (good pit strategy), & made the dominant cars TAKE it from him. Plus, he held on to finish 12th.
The most impressive thing is that this track is all about mechanical grip & driver talent. Really good indication of what this team will be capable of this season, especially in the second half of the season when they return to these tracks.

He can wheel on two tires! :D
He’s starting to drive with a lot more confidence & aggression. Earned some stage points at the end of segment 2. I won’t be surprised if he finds a way up to 5th before this race ends. Especially if we get a couple more cautions.
Hendrick Motorsport announced today they inverted the colors of the 24 from red with white shadow to white with a red shadow. Apparently the spotter had a hard time picking the car out at Atlanta. Looks much better now. I’d post a pic but no clue how to.
Just took the lead for a bit while others pitted. Hopefully can hang on for top 10. In LU car today.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]