This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Being excited for a Denny's may be an all time low for this board...

I guess it is an upgrade from IHOP
Dude. They have all those Grand Slam Breakfasts!!!! Will give Cracker Barrel a run for my Breakfast dollar. Although Market on Main still has the best breakfast around
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
We'd probably have a few more new options if LU would follow through with the mall redevelopment that had been mentioned. Jerry was all pumped up about the new things coming and had also mentioned a new tenant that would be a great addition in the old Macy's site. At least the school is paying property taxes on those properties.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Denny's is a good addition to Lynchburg. I am thankful it's not another chicken, pizza or foreign food joint.
Sounds like Ballcoach APPROVES! :clapping :oldhag :nod
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Denny's is a good addition to Lynchburg. I am thankful it's not another chicken, pizza or foreign food joint.
Sounds like Ballcoach APPROVES! :clapping :oldhag :nod
Yeah. ballcoach doesn’t like foreigners
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Nothing new. I remember when there were 2 Denny's in the burg. The one on Fort Ave. was open all night and was a popular place for Liberty kids to get in some late night/early morning studying. There was another one on Langhorne Rd.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Nothing new. I remember when there were 2 Denny's in the burg. The one on Fort Ave. was open all night and was a popular place for Liberty kids to get in some late night/early morning studying. There was another one on Langhorne Rd.
I think those were Shoneys, weren't they?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Shoney's I remember; Denny's I don't. But Olldflame has been around Lynchburg longer than all of us (well, maybe except for TF). :oldhag
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Shoney's I remember; Denny's I don't. But Olldflame has been around Lynchburg longer than all of us (well, maybe except for TF). :oldhag
Shoney’s used to be across from where IHOP is now. I think there is a Foreign Restaurant there now :lol: Loved their breakfast buffet
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
olldflame wrote:Nothing new. I remember when there were 2 Denny's in the burg. The one on Fort Ave. was open all night and was a popular place for Liberty kids to get in some late night/early morning studying. There was another one on Langhorne Rd.
I think those were Shoneys, weren't they?
You are right. Senior moment. :oops: How could I misremember something like that? Those 2 chains are so DIFFERENT. :roll: I am pretty sure though that one of those locations did house a Denny's either before or after it was a Shoney's.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I think after Shoney's left both Lynchburg locations they became Mexican restaurants.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:You guys are excited about Denny's?
It's something all new and shiny as far as Lynchburg is concerned. It's what they do around here. In six months people will be complaining about how we need some new restaurants again. Check out the Living in Lynchburg Facebook page. I had to leave the group it got so ridiculous (not just about restaurants).
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
I don’t get it either. Completely mediocre breakfast. I could see going if it’s the only place open in the middle of the night, but chances are there’s a Waffle House nearby and I’d rather have that.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I don't know why, but its easy to get Denny's and Shoneys confused. Last time I went to a Denny's, I thought I was going to a Shoneys.

But I will say, Shoneys is better.

As for me liking foreigners , I believe I have dated women from 7 different countries in my lifetime.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
being excited about Denny's is like being excited about placing 14th in an Olympic event. on the list of similar, comparable establishments they are nowhere near top 3.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
I don’t get it either. Completely mediocre breakfast. I could see going if it’s the only place open in the middle of the night, but chances are there’s a Waffle House nearby and I’d rather have that.
Put it this way: the Texas inn is better than denny's even if you removed the cheesy from their menu.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:We'd probably have a few more new options if LU would follow through with the mall redevelopment that had been mentioned. Jerry was all pumped up about the new things coming and had also mentioned a new tenant that would be a great addition in the old Macy's site. At least the school is paying property taxes on those properties.
We don’t own Macy’s, unless it happened without notice on SoR. The RAMP church is the current tenant. As for the other side of the mall, there is still use for sears as office space. I look forward to that changing. Wondering about KMART.
By LUAlum1215
alabama24 wrote:
rogers3 wrote:We'd probably have a few more new options if LU would follow through with the mall redevelopment that had been mentioned. Jerry was all pumped up about the new things coming and had also mentioned a new tenant that would be a great addition in the old Macy's site. At least the school is paying property taxes on those properties.
We don’t own Macy’s, unless it happened without notice on SoR. The RAMP church is the current tenant. As for the other side of the mall, there is still use for sears as office space. I look forward to that changing. Wondering about KMART.
LU does own the Macy’s building. In fact, it’s the only part of the mall structure that is outright listed in LU’s name, even though the school owns a portion of the whole site minus the JC Penney store. Lynchburg GIS map shows who owns which part of the building. I believe they turned the upstairs portion into the wrestling home for the time being.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]