The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Hot seat? BSC Championships are no longer taken for granted, quality of players seems to be down. Like the guy a lot, but one has to wonder if he enjoys turkey hunting and fishing, more than coaching at this time in his life.
Don't expect mediocre results to become the norm at LU, once this cycle of contracts ends.
Last edited by flameshaw on January 9th, 2018, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Been saying this for years. Won’t do any good to say anymore on the subject.
flameshaw wrote:Hot seat? BSC Championships are no longer taken for granted, quality of players seems to be down. Like the guy a lot, but one has to wonder if he enjoys turkey hunting and fishing, more than coaching at this time in his life.
Don'r expect mediocre results to become the norm at LU, once this cycle of contracts ends.
The last line is probably where remaining discussion is. Interested to see how IM deals with this in particular.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:Been saying this for years. Won’t do any good to say anymore on the subject.
Well, there is a new sheriff in town now and we have not improved in some time. Will be interesting to see. BTW, I hope he turns things around and is here for many more years, but thinking, he has to step up big...................... soon.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:Hot seat? BSC Championships are no longer taken for granted, quality of players seems to be down. Like the guy a lot, but one has to wonder if he enjoys turkey hunting and fishing, more than coaching at this time in his life.
Don't expect mediocre results to become the norm at LU, once this cycle of contracts ends.
We win tonight by 26 and this is the only thread active. Wow.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
We win tonight by 26 and this is the only thread active. Wow.
I honestly think LU has it figured out to get back to winning the Big South
By cruzan_flame13
PAFlame wrote:He’s not going anywhere if he continues to recruit players like Ashtyn Baker.
I like watching Ashtyn play. It will be great to have more players like her on our team. Also, she’s really kind when you speak to her in person. Great player plus good character on/off the court equals Liberty qualifier.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I looked at the WBB website, and I can't find any season statistics, just box scores. Are the season stats for individual players there, and I just can't find them? :dontgetit
By PAFlame
I have no idea how Ashtyn was not seen/ignored by high major programs. Kind of worrying players like that get passed up for players who wouldnt cut it at a NAIA level, but that also falls on the coach for recruiting the wrong player. Lucky for us, Ashtyn fell right into place.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Walk, thanks for your help! :clapping
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Women are undefeated in conference play. Men should be also, but we lost 2 games we should have won.
Ahhh...you jinx us again! :wink:

UNCA 48
LU 41
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Basketball at LU is offensively challenged > We cannot score. I believe it has to do with offensive schemes. We are just happy passing ball around looking for an inside shot, instead of looking for first open shot. Bring ball down court and look for the shot, then shoot it. and hit the offensive boards, instead of releasing down court soon as shot is in the air.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Basketball at LU is offensively challenged > We cannot score. I believe it has to do with offensive schemes. We are just happy passing ball around looking for an inside shot, instead of looking for first open shot. Bring ball down court and look for the shot, then shoot it. and hit the offensive boards, instead of releasing down court soon as shot is in the air.
The WBB team is built for the type of offense it plays.

[youtube]Do7U7AkA5jA[/youtube]
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Quietly. He seems to have pulled the program out of the ditch and back on 1st place in the big south track. Were not crushing people like we used to but its certainly better than the last 2 years.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
The BSC is infinitely better than it was during the LU-crushes-everyone days. And LU as we all know came back to the pack.

I believe the addition of a very solid PG has done wonders. Haven’t had a PG this good since Fasnacht. This one may be better, and Fasnacht had WAAAAAY more around her. Different styles, too. Just saying it’s been that long since Coach Green & Co. had a PG like this, and it does wonders on low-DI level.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]