Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Ive heard from a decent source that hes literally 33/33/33. The one thing nobody knows is the element of does he want to get away from home and does he harbor any ill will from us taking so long to offer and how much does playing with scruggs really matter. We really need him bad. Theres no back like him on the roster

I would not expect a commitment from him this weekend. I def think he will visit odu Before making a decision.

If we can get him carter lester robinson lemonier the juice kid and keep the 3 commitments i would be much happier.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Apparently, Jacquez and Elijah have hit it off well on their visit. Not to mention big win that Frankie (a heritage high product too) is the host for Elijah. That's a advantage we have over ODU and JMU. Frankie already had a friendship with Elijah well before this visit.

It will be an interesting next few weeks.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I think we can offer Elijah something ODU can't, SIGNIFICANT playing time in his first year. Maybe even the opportunity to start at some point in his freshman year. ODU has a 3 star rb from last year that was redshirted and they have a redshirt freshman who got 21 carries last year and then their 2nd leading rusher was a junior and he got a hefty work-load. Again, it will be very interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.
By cruzan_flame13
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I think we can offer Elijah something ODU can't, SIGNIFICANT playing time in his first year. Maybe even the opportunity to start at some point in his freshman year. ODU has a 3 star rb from last year that was redshirted and they have a redshirt freshman who got 21 carries last year and then their 2nd leading rusher was a junior and he got a hefty work-load. Again, it will be very interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.

I could be wrong, but I think it’s basically what his mother would like more for him. Looking at his tweets, his mother’s position is very important. Even though all of these schools are driving distances. I’m sure his mother would like to attend every game down the road. Plus, as some have stated before, mama’s cooking will be very close by. I would also like to point out, again, that Javon has been hyping LU with Lala a lot so the chemistry is building already.
By Class of 20Something
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I think we can offer Elijah something ODU can't, SIGNIFICANT playing time in his first year. Maybe even the opportunity to start at some point in his freshman year. ODU has a 3 star rb from last year that was redshirted and they have a redshirt freshman who got 21 carries last year and then their 2nd leading rusher was a junior and he got a hefty work-load. Again, it will be very interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.

I could be wrong, but I think it’s basically what his mother would like more for him. Looking at his tweets, his mother’s position is very important. Even though all of these schools are driving distances. I’m sure his mother would like to attend every game down the road. Plus, as some have stated before, mama’s cooking will be very close by. I would also like to point out, again, that Javon has been hyping LU with Lala a lot so the chemistry is building already.
At this point I just want them to ball together. I just want to look at them during the Syracuse game, our rising sophomores with Sr QB Buckshot and his revamped Great Wall of Liberty. I want to see them hype each other up in pregame and after every play.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I think we can offer Elijah something ODU can't, SIGNIFICANT playing time in his first year. Maybe even the opportunity to start at some point in his freshman year.
Isn't that what got Buckshot here in the first place? Maybe history will repeat itself.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I think we can offer Elijah something ODU can't, SIGNIFICANT playing time in his first year. Maybe even the opportunity to start at some point in his freshman year.
Isn't that what got Buckshot here in the first place? Maybe history will repeat itself.
In large part. He passed on offers from FIU and FAU because they told him he would likely redshirt.
By cruzan_flame13
Lala posing in ODU gear:

Honestly he looks better as a flame and his supporters are so close to him. Looking at this pic, it just doesn’t look right. I don’t see him as a monarch at all.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Lala posing in ODU gear:

Honestly he looks better as a flame and his supporters are so close to him. Looking at this pic, it just doesn’t look right. I don’t see him as a monarch at all.
Interesting choice for the pose.
By Jonathan Carone
cruzan_flame13 wrote: Honestly he looks better as a flame and his supporters are so close to him. Looking at this pic, it just doesn’t look right. I don’t see him as a monarch at all.
I’m sure that’s an unbiased opinion.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that Elijah Davis will be playing in Williams Staidum on Sept. 1. But the big question is, which uniform will he be wearing? And would he rather play against UVa or VA Tech his freshman year?
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I believe we had a slight edge going into this weekend. Hes a swing commit for us. I think carter is holding out hope for a last minute offer and i think hes interesed to see what davis does. That was a good pairing last week with that group. Im hearing he may wait to signing day to announce either way.

I hate to overhype a freshman but hes a key piece for us for so many different reasons. We need to win a head to head battle with jmu and odu when its clear all 3 are all in. We also need that power speed combo to complete the skill set positions for the next couple years. If we can block at all were going to put up some points with a davis/hickson backfield barret at TE king in the slot and farrow and AGG on the outside.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
This may have been mentioned elsewhere but is elijah by any chance korrey davis brother? Cant remember where he played high school but he went to umass and then transferred to lu under rocco but never was able to make much impact. If so that would be an interesting dynamic as well.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Jinxy, I don't think your over-hyping at all. This kid would be the highest rated running back recruit aside from Rashad Jennings to ever play at the bill. We haven't been able to run the ball steady since DJ Abnar's break-out season when we went to the playoffs.

This is a good calls so far for our first FBS class. This becomes a great class for us (I'm including Johnny Huntley too by the way) if Elijah commits. I still feel pretty good about him signing with us. Unless I am missing something with ODU's roster(which could be), I REALLY think he will see significantly more playing time with us then them.

Here is one thing: I hope none of us are disappointed in the staff if he doesn't commit. They have done a bang-up job in recruiting this kid. If he chooses ODU over us then he will have his reasons.
By cruzan_flame13
Jonathan Carone wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote: Honestly he looks better as a flame and his supporters are so close to him. Looking at this pic, it just doesn’t look right. I don’t see him as a monarch at all.
I’m sure that’s an unbiased opinion.
Actually it was an unbiased opinion. I have nothing against the monarchs program but I just don’t see Lala as a monarch. Now if I was talking about JMU, then that would’ve been a different story.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Based on his twitter, it looks like lala has been getting some late attention (but apparently no offers yet) from one or more P5 schools looking for a backup plan. He gives it the triple thumbs down emoji.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]