If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By lueer
Registration Days Posts
So we just lost to a team that according to this thread is terrible at everything? Awesome!
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
At this point, this is THE most disappointing loss of the season! I may be over-reacting a bit, but we should never lose to Longwood in basketball ever!

The good thing is, basketball is such a long season and I know this team will right the ship. We forget how young this team still is and the fact that a freshman(Cuffee), and two transfers are only in their first year of the pack-line and yet they are excelling. The ceiling is still really high for this team.
By lueer
Registration Days Posts
I know McCay is a nice guy and all but he needs to light some butts up. This is pathetic.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Only sport I have seen Longwood play is softball, when they play LU. I am still trying to cipher how Longwood got into the BSC conference. That's almost the equivalent of Lynchburg College to the ACC.
jinxy wrote:All im saying is longwood was a terrible add. No football, garbage bball programs, garbage baseball. Solid solftball. Crappy facilities

Big south should have engaged hampton long before longwood. Probably even norfolk state.
I'll blame you two jokers for this loss...
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
You say that but Ritchie and his offense is disappearing more often than none.

His offense is awfully starting to look like a Carey Green coached offense. You know dribbling and passing around the key winding down the play clock and tossing up a contested, unbalanced shots with less than 3 seconds left. Oh yeah Turnovers!!
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
How do you lose to Longwood? Again, most of our shots were not good ones, very poor shot selection. How do you lose to Longwood? Embarrassing.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Why would people come out. Same old crap different year. Thats their 2nd d1 win ALL year.

Our offense looks like ymca ball. No idea how we can continue to play so poorly on offense.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:Lololol losing to one of the worst teams in all of college basketball.... at home.

What’s even more pathetic is the students and the locals. Terrible support.
Students aren’t back until the 22’nd.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That was the worst performance by a Liberty team in history, in any sport. We should have beat that team by 20 points, easily. We did not come to play, on offense or defense. Blew a 7 point lead and allowed longwood to end game on 14-0 run.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
There was a few stretches in that 2nd half where the defense was just as terrible.

I don't understand where this program is going. The defense is a nice gimmick and it keeps you in every game but we haven't been able to shoot the ball in years. And I dont think ritchie has ever gotten any athletes to come here in either stint. So what are we left with? A team that can win because of their unorthodox style. Maybe not even that. Maybe just a team that can get other teams to lose.
By PAFlame
I’m sure we’ll see a bounceback next game, but that was pretty bad. I thought losing at home earlier this year to the man who ruined Liberty basketball (Dale Layer) was the lowlight, but this is worse.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:That was the worst performance by a Liberty team in history, in any sport. We should have beat that team by 20 points, easily. We did not come to play, on offense or defense. Blew a 7 point lead and allowed longwood to end game on 14-0 run.
The hyperbole is strong with this one
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I have to say ive had similar thoughts. Your starting to see the future recruiting clasess line up and its more of the same on paper.

Its time we all step back expectations this year. Weve shown were not a consitent team at all and the offense Has been a total mess for weeks now.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
In related BSC news, previously unbeaten Radford LOST to Gardner-Webb tonight, and they are both tied for first place at 4-1. :shock:
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:That was the worst performance by a Liberty team in history, in any sport. We should have beat that team by 20 points, easily. We did not come to play, on offense or defense. Blew a 7 point lead and allowed longwood to end game on 14-0 run.
I can think of a few worse ones, but not many. St. Francis in football, is at the top of the list for me.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:
I can think of a few worse ones, but not many. St. Francis in football, is at the top of the list for me.

I quit fretting and going berserk after the Kutztown loss.
26 years of this give one a bit more control when it comes to emotion and hyperbole. :oldhag
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Don't blame McKay or the team, because most of them had the flu and should have been in bed. Homesley was so sick he didn't even dress out, and I didn't even see him on the bench. Plus, Longwood brought so many loud and roudy fans (and our LU students were still on break) that it felt and sounded like an away game.
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :koolaid :stretcher :medic
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Libertying. Still a thing.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Whoever said Coach McKay is a nice guy but hope he’ll light up some butts...you obviously don’t know Ritchie. That will be no issue.
By Jonathan Carone
LUconn wrote:And I dont think ritchie has ever gotten any athletes to come here in either stint.
He had some his first stint but they didn’t fit the culture of the school and ended up leaving or being headaches. I think that’s pushed him towards the private Christian school athlete who fits at Liberty and can play more than the super athlete who would have to change to fit in.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We need that super athlete, who can score and take over a game. I believe our leading scorer averages 12.5 points a game, good for 16th in the conference.
Our offense last night looked lost most of game. We seemed to drain shot clock most every possession, then have to force a shot.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:We need that super athlete, who can score and take over a game. I believe our leading scorer averages 12.5 points a game, good for 16th in the conference.
Our offense last night looked lost most of game. We seemed to drain shot clock most every possession, then have to force a shot.
You mean we need to score more points? Brilliant commentary.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Homesley is that kind of scorer, when he's healthy. TF said McKay described him as an ACC quality player.
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]