This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Baseball will host the First Annual "First Pitch Dinner" in Montview Ballroom on February 2nd. Tony Beasley will be guest speaker. Tickets are 35.00 (25 for Flames Club members I think)
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I'm surprised there is no listing of incoming freshmen or JUCOs in ASOR like we have with Men's BB and FB.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I don't think roster has been released yet for this season. If I read into it correctly, roster will be released at First Pitch Dinner.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
No roster and no release from the school on the signees. They have everything locked down for some reason. Youd think it was cia or fbi files :dontgetit
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
That's the point I was trying to make above. A Sea of Red is giving us blow by blow with men's BB and FB prospects, recruits and committments but nothing for baseball~!?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Several weeks ago, I was told why the Roster is a "Secret" as of now, but I cannot remember what.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
They did the same on the roster last year. However they at least released the signees. Ive had a couple roanoke folks that are trying to be interested in the program ask about it.

I dont even think they put the fall roster up this year. Makes it difficult for fan interest but whatever.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Where is the Montview Room ?
That's the third floor ballroom behind DeMoss. If you can find the glass elevators, take them to the third floor, and the ballroom is to your left.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, if you like, I could show you during halftime of a men's basketball game.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:That's the point I was trying to make above. A Sea of Red is giving us blow by blow with men's BB and FB prospects, recruits and committments but nothing for baseball~!?
I'll be the first to admit our baseball coverage lacks. We've tried in the past to bring on dedicated baseball beat writers as interns, but nothing has really stuck. Personally, I'm maxed with football and basketball coverage. Anybody that wants to take it on, feel free to let me know.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:
Chippy wrote:That's the point I was trying to make above. A Sea of Red is giving us blow by blow with men's BB and FB prospects, recruits and committments but nothing for baseball~!?
I'll be the first to admit our baseball coverage lacks. We've tried in the past to bring on dedicated baseball beat writers as interns, but nothing has really stuck. Personally, I'm maxed with football and basketball coverage. Anybody that wants to take it on, feel free to let me know.
Ballcoach is probably your man.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
There’s your softball beat writer! Nothing creepy at all about an old man lurking around a bunch of coeds!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'm trying to learn the game: ballcoach and TF have been "coaching me up"! :oldhag :oldhag
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:College softball is my favorite sport. Most exciting sport to watch. (if one knows softball)
Obviously you don’t follow Jai Alai
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:College softball is my favorite sport. Most exciting sport to watch. (if one knows softball)
Did you have to look that up just then? Sports that is least heard of in the world or something similar to that search? :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Did you have to look that up just then? Sports that is least heard of in the world or something similar to that search? :D
Have you ever watched it? Amazing
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple was just showing off his master's in sport management education from WVU. Study
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]