Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Here's to hoping he wants some home cookin' and a brand new stadium! :pray
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
This is one we need!! They should be doing all they can to convince this kid to stay home. He's a beast. We can't let JMU get him.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I think he was leaning odu. Tech is also trying to flip a back from ut and if they dont i suspect they may offer as well. They have been sending a lot to him.
Last edited by jinxy on December 13th, 2017, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Class of 20Something
R i wrote:Does anyone know if we have a legit chance with Elijah ?
Twitter response from friends and family was to the tune of "about time." I suspect we have been a discussion point before yesterday.
By cruzan_flame13
Class of 20Something wrote:
Twitter response from friends and family was to the tune of "about time." I suspect we have been a discussion point before yesterday.
Did you see that one tweet that he reposted which describe coaches sleeping on good players near their local areas? Elijah agreed by saying that it’s the same thing going on here in the 434. Honestly we need to start looking closely in the local areas as well (if we haven’t been before).
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Luke 4:24

For the record, I fully support the coaches chasing the players they feel helps the team the most regardless of zip code. By all indications, Elijah's senior year proved his value to the Flames staff.
By Class of 20Something
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Did you see that one tweet that he reposted which describe coaches sleeping on good players near their local areas? Elijah agreed by saying that it’s the same thing going on here in the 434. Honestly we need to start looking closely in the local areas as well (if we haven’t been before).
We didn't have an issue offering Scruggs early. He's in our backyard too. I'm curious why we didn't offer Davis sooner. It can't be not knowing hes here.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Staff is putting the full court press on. Hit him with the edit and coach brown with the in home visit.
Enthusiastic tweet from Elijah following coach Brown's visit (lots of exclamation marks). Sounds like he has gotten past any annoyance he may have had with the offer not coming earlier.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts

Scruggs doin the dirty work. KEEP HIM HOME!!!
Javon is a solid kid
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like hes taking multiple visits. Never quit sure where you want to be. I would suspect we cant wait for him to reveal on signing day because we really need another back.
By GillsHill-LU
Registration Days Posts
Announced on his twitter, has narrowed down to a top 3, He is visiting all three in the next 2 weekends. JMU, ODU, and LU. Hoping we can keep this kid in Lynchburg. Would be a great addition to our RB Class.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Scruggs still recruiting Elijah on twitter. Any thoughts of Javon not signing are pretty much paranoia at this point, and I'm feeling better and better about LaLa.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JMU = FCS powerhouse

LU = FBS in Davis's hometown
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:JMU = FCS powerhouse

The opportunity to compete for a championship and fewer rules would be JMU's advantages. I don't get the impression that the Liberty lifestyle is a problem for LaLa. Home cooking, amazing facilities and FCOA are plusses for Liberty. Not sure who JMU has at RB, but I suspect he would also have a better chance to play immediately at LU. ODU had been the front runner, but when he didn't sign with them in the early period, I think their chances took a nose dive.
olldflame wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:JMU = FCS powerhouse

The opportunity to compete for a championship and fewer rules would be JMU's advantages. I don't get the impression that the Liberty lifestyle is a problem for LaLa. Home cooking, amazing facilities and FCOA are plusses for Liberty. Not sure who JMU has at RB, but I suspect he would also have a better chance to play immediately at LU. ODU had been the front runner, but when he didn't sign with them in the early period, I think their chances took a nose dive.
I think our late offer tanked their chances.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]