Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ALAFlamesFan wrote:I won't argue with you. I am ok with 3 more. I think we need 7-8 FBS caliber OL ready to go in any given game. One of our recruits got injured already and assume 1-2 injured in any given year. I think we are full at RB, WR, and QB. The lines are the biggest difference from FCS to FBS. Everything else should go to upgrading the D.
I agree that 7-8 in the OL rotation is a good number, and I would lean more toward 7. Chemistry is SO important there, and I really believe it's best to go mostly with your starting 5 if healthy. DL is another matter. So much energy is expended in pursuit, you really need to rotate players in and out if you want them to be able to go full out.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
We are def taking a qb. Ideally lynum or sarrat though they through the backup offer out to a kid in nj last week. This is ideally the class you bring along buckshots replacement to redshirt a year and then watch a year.

Duff is solid outside of him we could upgrade everywhere. I would expect us to add 2 to 3 more o lineman with schlittler being a top target. Beebee and josh jefferson were top targets at one point though there trail is cold.

Ty cormier a 2 star d end is very likely to commit as well and im sure were still working on the 3 star de from texas.

So at minimum

Qb 1
Te 1
Ol 2 to 3.
Dl 2
Lb 1 to 2.
Secondary 2
Wr. None unless shorter or another stud pick us
Punter/kicker. 1.

That would give us 28. With 2 in the pocket.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
According to his twitter Alex Barbir is transferring in. He was Tyler Davis back up at Penn State. He was expected to take over the starting role next year.

Was rated a 10 top Kicker out of high school.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:According to his twitter Alex Barbir is transferring in. He was Tyler Davis back up at Penn State. He was expected to take over the starting role next year.

Nice find
Liberty22 wrote:
ballah09 wrote:According to his twitter Alex Barbir is transferring in. He was Tyler Davis back up at Penn State. He was expected to take over the starting role next year.

Nice find
Turner is graduating this year right? Have we even offered a true punter?
That is a great find. I know we have offered a juco punter who transferred out of Wyoming after his first year. He seems to be legit. Looking forward to this weekend and the recruits that hopefully are coming our way.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Breaking down the Prospect thread a bit with a couple weeks until the ESP:

QB
6 still on the board
0 commits

RB
6 still on the board
2 commits

WR
11 still on the board
3 commits

TE
3 still on the board
1 commits

OL
17 still on the board
3 commits

DL (combined)
8 still on the board
3 commits (2 DT, 1 DE)

LB
5 still on the board
0 commits

DB
11 still on the board
2 commits

ATH
8 still on the board
1 commits
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Breaking down the Prospect thread a bit with a couple weeks until the ESP:

QB
6 still on the board
0 commits

RB
6 still on the board
2 commits

WR
11 still on the board
3 commits

TE
3 still on the board
1 commits

OL
17 still on the board
3 commits

DL (combined)
8 still on the board
3 commits (2 DT, 1 DE)

LB
5 still on the board
0 commits

DB
11 still on the board
2 commits

ATH
8 still on the board
1 commits
Lots of work to do yet to make this a good class on paper. We won't know if it is a good class on the field, for another year.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:Need some FBS LBs to plug those gaps that everyone seem to run through all year.
Yep, the LB and DB positions seem to be an area of major need.
Last edited by flameshaw on December 7th, 2017, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
We have almost a full starting five on the O with the pickup today of Schlitter. Id gun for LB and DB this next couple weeks before ESP.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
So, how does this line sound, 6'5 315; 6'2 330; 6'5 305; 6'5 303!!! :shock: Can you imagine feeding these behemoths!!!

Now, if we can land Bebee who is also a 3 star. We will have landed our very own Fab Five on the O-line.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:So, how does this line sound, 6'5 315; 6'2 330; 6'5 305; 6'5 303!!! :shock: Can you imagine feeding these behemoths!!!

Now, if we can land Bebee who is also a 3 star. We will have landed our very own Fab Five on the O-line.
Could you imagine if they're all starting quality for 4 years? Just somehow have a dominant OLine out of nowhere? I may not be stoked about the staff, but this recruiting class is so good! We are going to be right in the mix with the boisie state classes within a few years.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Are all of these freshmen, or are some JCs?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Are all of these freshmen, or are some JCs?
All of the OL commits will be FR, and we need to slow our roll a bit on proclaiming that a whole group of true FR will be starting in our OL next year because they had stars after their names coming out of HS. Don't get me wrong, it's amazing to get them and a must for the future of the program, but OL is probably the toughest positions for a kid coming out of HS to contribute immediately. I know some people seem to think our current OL is a bunch of scrubs, but they have the advantage of maturity, experience in our system and years in our S&C program, even if the new guys have more upside. I expect no more than 2 will play next year and we will really start reaping the benefits in 2019 and beyond. I would love to add Bebe as well.
So far we have seen staff closely address the O & D lines. Right now of our 18 commitments 50% are on the line with more than likely 4 more to be added.

Any one have word on who MAY be on campus this weekend?

It would be HUGE to get Lynum, Ballard and Bebee along with some Jucos all at the same time.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:Are all of these freshmen, or are some JCs?
All of the OL commits will be FR, and we need to slow our roll a bit on proclaiming that a whole group of true FR will be starting in our OL next year because they had stars after their names coming out of HS. Don't get me wrong, it's amazing to get them and a must for the future of the program, but OL is probably the toughest positions for a kid coming out of HS to contribute immediately. I know some people seem to think our current OL is a bunch of scrubs, but they have the advantage of maturity, experience in our system and years in our S&C program, even if the new guys have more upside. I expect no more than 2 will play next year and we will really start reaping the benefits in 2019 and beyond. I would love to add Bebe as well.
I agree 100%.
By Jonathan Carone
I understand the excitement about the recent commitments, but I think we need to look deeper than the flashy stars. On the surface, these commitments are awesome. However, they point to one of the biggest issues this staff has faced in their six years: they have the ability to recruit talent but not the organization to put together great recruiting classes. They wait until there’s a problem and then stockpile at the position.

For example, look at 2013. We brought in six offensive linemen. Of those six linemen, only one of them spent more than two years at Liberty and none of them played out their full eligibility. By putting so many eggs in one basket, we set ourselves up to have no leadership at the position and, if the class didn't work out (and it didn't), it put us in a hole a couple years later.

We're setting ourselves up for the exact same thing to happen with this year's OL and DL classes.

Also, if we assume this class will work out and everyone will reach their potential (huge if at this point), we're setting ourselves up to have to stockpile linebackers in a few years since we don't currently have a single one in this class.

This staff is talented at recruiting kids. We just don't have the leadership to have a plan moving forward to where we're constantly reloading players instead of having giant sweeping rebuilding years.

Lastly - if you want to see what the results of an FBS transitional team with all freshmen offensive linemen looks like, go look at Coastal's results this year. These guys we're signing this year won't be able to make significant contributions until 2019 or 2020 at best.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]