If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:Idaho State will probably be homecoming so that may increase the numbers a bit.
First 5k fans get Free French fries ?
hahahahaha
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: October 6th, 2019, 4:03 pm Just noticed this on the beach chicken's schedule on espn.com
For their remaining 4 home games, tickets are available as low as.

- Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:32 pm#585703

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

$0

https://www.espn.com/college-football/t ... e/_/id/324

They averaged 14,000 in their first 2 games, and that is with the fudging they have built in.
I’m pretty sure that’s a glitch unless you can show me tickets that are actually available for free. The cheapest I found for the first game was a pair for $34 each.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
You may be right. I just found it humorous, and they are certainly struggling to meet attendance requirements, as several of us predicted.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
I don't wish any team ill will. I hope Coastal makes it work in the Sunbelt. Remember when LU was FCS playing some of the mac teams like Ball State...there weren't many people there.

The NCAA hasn't enforced the rule for others, as long as the teams found a way to make the "paid attendance" thing work. So I would think Coastal would be fine.

P.S. Nice nugget from te article, teams can count visiting band members as paid attendance. Just another reason LU should always invite the opposing teams marching band. :)
By cruzan_flame13
I recall going to a game during my years at LU where an opposing team's marching band attended the game as well. I believe we played NCCU; we taunted their players and they responded when they made some good plays :D
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Anytime we play a HBCU, we should invite their band, and even send a bus to get them , if necessary. Only band in America better than a HBCU band, is the Virginia Tech Corp of Cadets band.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: October 6th, 2019, 4:03 pm For their remaining 4 home games, tickets are available as low as.

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

$0
Hilarious! :lol:

I think it is a glitch, however. When you try to actually "buy" a ticket (yes, I tried! :lol:), they are considerably more than "$0"
By Class of 20Something
alabama24 wrote: October 8th, 2019, 3:56 pm
oldflame wrote: October 6th, 2019, 4:03 pm For their remaining 4 home games, tickets are available as low as.

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

$0
Hilarious! :lol:

I think it is a glitch, however. When you try to actually "buy" a ticket (yes, I tried! :lol:), they are considerably more than "$0"
For the nerds.
895364D0-5F3E-491A-A3AA-A2A8571C5F81.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I know some of you won't like this, but I can't resist.

The beach chickens just lost at home to Louisiana 48-7. Their only score came with 4 minutes to play against the Cajun's scrubs. Attendance was 14,857.

For the record, I hold no animosity against the institution or their coaches and athletes. Any glee I take in their failures is primarily directed toward their president and AD, who somehow thought the occasion of being invited to the SBC was an appropriate time to take thinly veiled pot shots at Liberty.

They do still hold a slim chance at bowl eligibility. They need to win their last 3 games, and none of them are anywhere near as challenging as BYU or UVA.
By chris leedlelee
oldflame wrote: November 8th, 2019, 3:03 pm I know some of you won't like this, but I can't resist.

The beach chickens just lost at home to Louisiana 48-7. Their only score came with 4 minutes to play against the Cajun's scrubs. Attendance was 14,857.

For the record, I hold no animosity against the institution or their coaches and athletes. Any glee I take in their failures is primarily directed toward their president and AD, who somehow thought the occasion of being invited to the SBC was an appropriate time to take thinly veiled pot shots at Liberty.

They do still hold a slim chance at bowl eligibility. They need to win their last 3 games, and none of them are anywhere near as challenging as BYU or UVA.
It does show that LU is on a better track though. Coastal has conference affiliation and a few years ahead of us, yet got blown out. This shows we are ahead of schedule in this transition process. Our long term trajectory is pointing far more upward for us.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: November 8th, 2019, 4:59 pm
oldflame wrote: November 8th, 2019, 3:03 pm I know some of you won't like this, but I can't resist.

It does show that LU is on a better track though. Coastal has conference affiliation and a few years ahead of us, yet got blown out. This shows we are ahead of schedule in this transition process. Our long term trajectory is pointing far more upward for us.
It shows LU is ahead of Coastal in the Transition process. But that was always a pretty low bar
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I couldn't care any less what Coastal does. We play them soon so I hope they get their act together so it is a quality win. Other then that, their school literally means nothing to me.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: November 8th, 2019, 8:53 pm 14K is a pretty good crowd for them.
I watched the whole game. That number was definitely tickets sold. Which is fine.

But as far as butts in seats they had MAYBE HALF of that. Certainly less than half full. And virtually empty in the second half- like a MAC game. Actually, kinda looked like ours at the end of last season.

They are always gonna have trouble filling that place. Beach is close, kids are from the northeast and the locals don’t give a da mn
By chris leedlelee
If bowl eligibility is on the line for the home NMSU game, our stands BETTER not be empty. Students hopefully understand the magnitude of such a game.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]