Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:Did anyone notice that a 3* QB we were recruiting committed to Western Carolina? Amazing.
There is also a kid from Stantoun River that wanted to come to LU. (I am told he has the most rushing yards in VA history, but have not verified that). He is a great kid for LU, very good family, etc. However, we didn't offer him. He has now committed to Richmond. Seems to me, if he can play for Richmond, he could play for us. But .............................???? :roll:
That would be Grayson Overstreet. I believe he has a couple state records for yards and TDs. He was recruited as a linebacker. Definitely a stud. There are several other area seniors that would be capable players at our level. Not sure of their fit for LU.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
flameshaw wrote:Did anyone notice that a 3* QB we were recruiting committed to Western Carolina? Amazing.
There is also a kid from Stantoun River that wanted to come to LU. (I am told he has the most rushing yards in VA history, but have not verified that). He is a great kid for LU, very good family, etc. However, we didn't offer him. He has now committed to Richmond. Seems to me, if he can play for Richmond, he could play for us. But .............................???? :roll:
That would be Grayson Overstreet. I believe he has a couple state records for yards and TDs. He was recruited as a linebacker. Definitely a stud. There are several other area seniors that would be capable players at our level. Not sure of their fit for LU.
I heard he was pretty big for a RB. However, it is sad to see him go to another school and we didn't even offer the kid, when he wanted to come to LU and he is an excellent fit. He is obviously a good football player. I expect he might have been a good addition to the goal line offense as well as LB.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
It is interesting with offers from us fau and south alabama.

Our recruiting is likely on hold until the coaching situation is resolved. Ive seen atleast 2 kids that i think are leaning us post a message regarding delaying commitment in light of some new information. Could be other schools pitching that gill is on the hot seat.
By Ewglenn
Does anyone know if the University needs scouts or a way to scout? I live in South Dakota and highly doubt they look at athletes here. Two of the best programs in the state are Christian schools.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:Does anyone know if the University needs scouts or a way to scout? I live in South Dakota and highly doubt they look at athletes here. Two of the best programs in the state are Christian schools.
For some reason most coaches at LU do not really care hearing about athletes from other sources. That is not always the case, because I know some people they have listened to. :) But it is not the norm. Actually, Toman was one of the best at contacting scouts and others to get leads from. I know we have missed out on some real good athletes, but I guess they have their reasons.
By Class of 20Something
Ole Miss just got hit with a two year bowl ban and scholarship restrictions. Students can transfer out without having to sit out a year. I sure hope we can get a player out of this. Ole Miss was #31 recruiting class in 2017 and #5 in 2016.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Ole Miss just got hit with a two year bowl ban and scholarship restrictions.
:brownbag
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Ole Miss just got hit with a two year bowl ban and scholarship restrictions. Students can transfer out without having to sit out a year. I sure hope we can get a player out of this. Ole Miss was #31 recruiting class in 2017 and #5 in 2016.
We're too busy looking for recruits with no other offers. :)
flameshaw wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:Ole Miss just got hit with a two year bowl ban and scholarship restrictions. Students can transfer out without having to sit out a year. I sure hope we can get a player out of this. Ole Miss was #31 recruiting class in 2017 and #5 in 2016.
We're too busy looking for recruits with no other offers. :)
[youtube]0RpmwqaxrwA[/youtube]

That is how I feel about being a Flames Fan.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
I thought about this too but my guess is itd be pretty tough cause a player would come here and still miss a year of bowl eligibility.

Does anyone know the reason for the second year bowl ban for transitioning teams? Seems you’d reward a team able to achieve bowl status in year two of a transition considering all the obstacles.
Liberty22 wrote:
I thought about this too but my guess is itd be pretty tough cause a player would come here and still miss a year of bowl eligibility.

Does anyone know the reason for the second year bowl ban for transitioning teams? Seems you’d reward a team able to achieve bowl status in year two of a transition considering all the obstacles.
We don't have to have 5 FBS home games next year. We went above the 3 required. We are the doing the 4+1(Full scholarship FCS) method for 2018.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Liberty22 wrote:

We don't have to have 5 FBS home games next year. We went above the 3 required. We are the doing the 4+1(Full scholarship FCS) method for 2018.
Makes sense! Thanks.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
4 new commits. One is a juco d lineman with an offer from buffalo. One is jonathan graham a senior with no other offers (gill specialty). Not sure who the other 2 are. I was hoping 2 star brendan schlittler was going to commit. I believe he was on visit. He decommitted from holy cross and stamn had a home visit earlier in the week. Offers from northern illinois army and about 20 fcs schools.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:4 new commits. One is a juco d lineman with an offer from buffalo. One is jonathan graham a senior with no other offers (gill specialty). Not sure who the other 2 are. I was hoping 2 star brendan schlittler was going to commit. I believe he was on visit. He decommitted from holy cross and stamn had a home visit earlier in the week. Offers from northern illinois army and about 20 fcs schools.
Graham is a HUGE kid with tons of upside. 6'5" and over 300 right now and looks like he can easily carry another 30 lbs or so.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It seems the staff is doing a good job addressing what we all think are the teams needs.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Manson where are you finding the offers for the rb? All i saw was samford and an another fcs on his profile.

Interesting. Wonder what that means for ballard.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Manson where are you finding the offers for the rb? All i saw was samford and an another fcs on his profile.

Interesting. Wonder what that means for ballard.
Umm, sources? :)
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:It seems the staff is doing a good job addressing what we all think are the teams needs.
It's a start. I am cautiously optimistic. We were SO depleted on the lines. I hope we see another 2-3 DL and at least 5 more OL. The rest should go to defensive backs and LB's. I am excited to see what other Juco linemen we can grab that could contribute immediately.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Gotta disagree with your numbers, especially on the OL. What you are saying is we need to sign at least 8. That's crazy IMHO. We have at least 2 solid starters returning in Sergeant and Duff and some others who can gives depth at a minimum. We have 3 solid commits. Give me 2 or 3 more and I'm good. There are needs at other positions too.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
I won't argue with you. I am ok with 3 more. I think we need 7-8 FBS caliber OL ready to go in any given game. One of our recruits got injured already and assume 1-2 injured in any given year. I think we are full at RB, WR, and QB. The lines are the biggest difference from FCS to FBS. Everything else should go to upgrading the D.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]