This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

soccer7 wrote:
ballah09 wrote:
I thought Commons 4 was gonna be on the old dorm 7 site, overlooking the pond.
This looks like it’s where the old softball field was.
Unless something has changed that's where it is going.
I do think they changed this plan. I believe a stand alone dinning facility is going where dorm 7 use to be.
I have not heard this but will try to get clarification tomorrow. I’m still told C4 with the incorporated dining hall is going on the old dorm 7 site.
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
The school of Engineering is going where the old softball field was. You can find it on the VMDO website. It is really nice! I couldn't find a link to take you there so if someone knows how please share. The will have a mechanics garage which I thought was a great addition. Thank you LUAlum for checking on the stand alone dining facility. I look forward to seeing what they do. Look forward the the nursing program getting their own facility as well.
soccer7 wrote:The school of Engineering is going where the old softball field was. You can find it on the VMDO website. It is really nice! I couldn't find a link to take you there so if someone knows how please share. The will have a mechanics garage which I thought was a great addition. Thank you LUAlum for checking on the stand alone dining facility. I look forward to seeing what they do. Look forward the the nursing program getting their own facility as well.
The source you're using for the school of engineering is from a year ago. Things have changed since then.
ballcoach15 wrote:What is the large hole for , that I saw dug on the edge of the band practice field ?
It where they keep all the stuff they sweep under the rug
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:What is the large hole for , that I saw dug on the edge of the band practice field ?
Ballcoach, my understanding it that area is going to be LU's newest parking lot.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I predict a lot of problems with basketball parking this season.

I have often thought that LU should eliminate all reserved parking and just have "first come, first served" parking, campus wide.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I predict a lot of problems with basketball parking this season.

I have often thought that LU should eliminate all reserved parking and just have "first come, first served" parking, campus wide.
I've always thought that those that are fans of Liberty athletics should be a member of the Flames Club.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Walking across campus yesterday, I noticed the students' side concessions and bathroom building was being town down at Wiilliams Stadium, as the expansion continues!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The entire project should be kicking into gear on that side of the stadium. I love that they were able to get a rolling start with standards for the upper deck before the season ended.
I'm really curious if they can swing getting the "bowl" done. I don't doubt the grand stand and tower. They've done it before. But that bowl, the entry way, and all the brick they showed for the pathways. Oh and rerouting university Blvd with a new roundabout at the bridge.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I secretly hoped that the old nacho cheese machine was part of the concession stands demo. :pray
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I drove over it today in my pickup truck: nice, new bridge with turning lanes and a much wider section for pedestrians.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Rode across the new bridge yesterday with TF.
Was TF driving?

We should have gone over to BWW to watch the Iron Bowl. :football
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]