This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:A slow and steady build up of the bill is the way to go. I am fairly certain the AD has hinted at that in interviews as well. You want to create demand and not build too fast. It'll be interesting to see how things develop over the next decade.
That would be how smart people will do it. Have people start complaining that they can't get tickets. Then you'll see if you have demand
This. Exactly.
ballcoach15 wrote:Slow build is ok, but it not be good to have a construction zone at stadium for 10 years, might be better to build and get it over with. Construction could affect parking and entering or leaving stadium.
If it was a slow build you could easily accomplish each phase during the off season. Plan it out in phases with certain demand thresholds in place to trigger the next phase.

I get it that everybody wants a huge stadium and I can't wait to see what the bill evolves into but lets be smart.

Also LU has been a construction zone for years. I am sure it'll continue.
I am sure that they will still have the phases in mind for this project as they have with the entire campus. The thing is that I hope the Bill will be an architecture that will gain a lot of exposure when it comes to athletics. I'm not saying it's bad to have a Jeffersonian architecture on the entire exterior of the stadium, but it will look good if it isn't so blended in with everything else on campus. Of course the first phase is already completed, but they can design+build something quite out of the ordinary with the next phase or two. I don't think it would be that bad to have a little modernization in the design. Nonetheless, I don't see that happening unfortunately.
Cider Jim wrote:They charge $50 to drive you round trip from Lynchburg to Blacksburg? And I'm sure that doesn't include a ticket to the game. :football
It includes parking though! I paid $25 @ VT last year and still had to walk a mile and a half. :lol:
Class of 20Something wrote:Most recent rumor I have heard is plans for an 11 story hospital flanked by fire and LUPD near the bottom of graduate hill. Just beyond the bridge behind Chili's.

Anyone have any insight?
I haven't heard anything of the like. There was a piece of land donated to Campbell County from LU designated for a new fire/ems station however the county would have to pay to build, equip, and staff it entirely and have it open within a 10 year period. If they were unable to do so the land would return to LU. Last I heard was that it did not look likely to happen. As far a source LUPD, I've heard traces of things but all have been vastly different and none seem to be in the foreseeable future.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Commons 4?
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I thought Commons 4 was gonna be on the old dorm 7 site, overlooking the pond.
This looks like it’s where the old softball field was.
Unless something has changed that's where it is going.
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:
I thought Commons 4 was gonna be on the old dorm 7 site, overlooking the pond.
This looks like it’s where the old softball field was.
Unless something has changed that's where it is going.
I do think they changed this plan. I believe a stand alone dinning facility is going where dorm 7 use to be.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
According to Mark Hine on FB, it's going to be a parking lot.
Class of 20Something wrote:Live Cams have been updated.

The old softball field is the new School of Engineering.

New camera on the School of Business from the top of Demoss.

The new School of Engineering is being built out at the New London park, next to the CERE (Center for Energy, Research, and Education).
Kolzilla41 wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:Live Cams have been updated.

The old softball field is the new School of Engineering.

New camera on the School of Business from the top of Demoss.

The new School of Engineering is being built out at the New London park, next to the CERE (Center for Energy, Research, and Education).
That's what I said earlier in the week but tell the construction crew that. Liberty just labeled it as such.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]