This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Hey, does anyone know if there are any Liberty ball caps that are Made in America? All the ones I've found are made in China or Vietnam.

Thanks!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:Hey, does anyone know if there are any Liberty ball caps that are Made in America? All the ones I've found are made in China or Vietnam.

Thanks!
Good luck with that. Or any ball cap
By Class of 20Something
Jonathan Carone wrote:I wish licensing wasn't such a pain in the butt. I have access to made in America products but can't afford the licensing to use the logo.
Liberty could actually make a large display about it if they wanted. A "Put our money where our mouth is" campaign about Made in USA products would probably go over very well with those that support LU.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
I'm looking for some gifts to bring to China that are made in the USA. I personally don't care where stuff is manufactured but in this case, it's obviously more meaningful if the stuff has a local connection and wasn't just shipped from where we'll be and I just brought it back. It's harder than you think.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I wish someone could find a way to lower prices on college gear. Each time I go to LU Bookstore, I am shocked at prices on some of the stuff.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:I wish someone could find a way to lower prices on college gear. Each time I go to LU Bookstore, I am shocked at prices on some of the stuff.
Walmart is across Wards.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Wal Mart is where I get most of my LU stuff. I can get a nice LU cap at Wal mart for about 10.00. Caps at bookstore run 24.95.

all colleges "jack up" prices on gear. same goes for concession stand prices. a burger , fires, drink costs 12.00. Burger King Whopper Jr. is about 5.00
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:Wal Mart is where I get most of my LU stuff. I can get a nice LU cap at Wal mart for about 10.00. Caps at bookstore run 24.95.

all colleges "jack up" prices on gear. same goes for concession stand prices. a burger , fires, drink costs 12.00. Burger King Whopper Jr. is about 5.00
Prices at the stadium have gotten a little better actually!

Have yall seen the prices at the Falcons new stadium?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1556 ... nz-stadium

$4 Souvenir Coke with unlimited refills. :shock:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU's Souvenir Cup costs 10 bucks. Seriously. :shock: I didn't even ask how much refills cost. Anybody know?
By rtb72
Cider Jim wrote:LU's Souvenir Cup costs 10 bucks. Seriously. :shock: I didn't even ask how much refills cost. Anybody know?
THE BEST DEAL GOING! Refills for the $10 cup are free at all home football games. I bought two at the first game and nearly floated away from refills at the MS and ISU games. Once you got it...it's good for all the home games...as many refills as you want. The question I have is: Will they honor my "football" cup purchase at basketball games this year?
By Class of 20Something
rtb72 wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:LU's Souvenir Cup costs 10 bucks. Seriously. :shock: I didn't even ask how much refills cost. Anybody know?
THE BEST DEAL GOING! Refills for the $10 cup are free at all home football games. I bought two at the first game and nearly floated away from refills at the MS and ISU games. Once you got it...it's good for all the home games...as many refills as you want. The question I have is: Will they honor my "football" cup purchase at basketball games this year?
Seriously? They told me no refills!
By rtb72
I went to the SFU game and refilled with no problems...x2. I will be at Homecoming so i'm expecting the same. I usually go behind Section 104 to that concession stand and they "Fill'er Up! If they refuse you....I'd inquire as to why it was advertised as free refills for the season. So far...they've honored my purchase. Now granted...I didn't tell them when I purchased the cup, nor did they ask...didn't think it mattered. I just walk up and hand them my cup.....

I also have it visible when I enter the gate and have never been questioned...I figure everybody that bought one does the same.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
UVa's $8 Souvenir Cup has free refills, but for the single game you are attending, and mine had a little green sticker that said so. :fineprint
By rtb72
Cider Jim wrote:UVa's $8 Souvenir Cup has free refills, but for the single game you are attending, and mine had a little green sticker that said so. :fineprint
I didn't recall any such disclaimer, but you did make me curious, so i checked. There isn't a disclaimer on the LU cup. Now, I'm thinking I should ask at the next game.....I'm a little scared of the answer now based on 20somethings experience.
By Class of 20Something
rtb72 wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:UVa's $8 Souvenir Cup has free refills, but for the single game you are attending, and mine had a little green sticker that said so. :fineprint
I didn't recall any such disclaimer, but you did make me curious, so i checked. There isn't a disclaimer on the LU cup. Now, I'm thinking I should ask at the next game.....I'm a little scared of the answer now based on 20somethings experience.
I revise my earlier statement. That was at the scrimmage. They have since changed the cups and the signage to "Bottomless Souvenir Cup" and I verified at the last game it's for the season. Then bought one.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
At the UVa game on Saturday, they were selling ballcaps for $19 inside the stadium; I bought mine after the game at the Cville Walmart--also for 6 dollars.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:At the UVa game on Saturday, they were selling ballcaps for $19 inside the stadium; I bought mine after the game at the Cville Walmart--also for 6 dollars.
Same hat?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I didn't look at them that closely, but both were UVa hats.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:At the UVa game on Saturday, they were selling ballcaps for $19 inside the stadium; I bought mine after the game at the Cville Walmart--also for 6 dollars.
Same hat?
It says UVA on it. What more do you want? :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I got a nice LU cap at Walmart yesterday for 6 dollars. It was made in China.
Make America Great Again, right Ballcoach? :lol:
I remember when a selling point of shopping at Wal Mart was their stuff was Made In The USA. It's the Catch 22 of good paying jobs and inexpensive goods
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]