If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
Very good tourney. We went down there in 2014 and upset Clemson in the opener when they did their Chris Webber imitation in crunch time. CBSN covered it then.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:Will the big ballers be there?
Haha. Could be USC
By rhezick
Weird... first football started the season against the former team of our AD, and now we're playing a team who currently has our former head coach as their assistant.

Also, that Howard game. The one team that got more upset coverage than us over the weekend of the Baylor win.
By Class of 20Something
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I am gonna go ahead and lay out my prediction for this schedule. 21-9 with a 13-5 Big South Record. However, this is the year we go dancing :mrgreen:
Get ya HOT TAKES, right ere! Fresh out the oven! HOT TAKES!
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Before gardner left i would have thought 22 to 23 wins. Need to see how all the new pieces fit as well as the health of homesley. This team is a veteran laden squad compared to the last team with guys like kemrite and cabill with multiple years experience. However, overall were a lot different than we thought we might be back in april.
By cruzan_flame13
ballcoach15 wrote:we need to schedule some games against ACC, SEC and Big 12 schools.

I don't think we are at that level to get games with those teams. Would these teams want to play us from the Big South? Not likely at this time. Although as I said before, I hope basketball will be on McCaw's 'to do list' and he stays in the loop with McKay and Green.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:we need to schedule some games against ACC, SEC and Big 12 schools.

I don't think we are at that level to get games with those teams. Would these teams want to play us from the Big South? Not likely at this time. Although as I said before, I hope basketball will be on McCaw's 'to do list' and he stays in the loop with McKay and Green.
I don't understand this statement. What needs to be done? Are you expecting him to not be in the loop with what his Basketball Coaches are doing ? (I refrained from adding to that :? ).
I just don't understand the comment
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:

I don't understand this statement. What needs to be done? Are you expecting him to not be in the loop with what his Basketball Coaches are doing ? (I refrained from adding to that :? ).
I just don't understand the comment
I think he meant that he wants IM to by into McKay and Green.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
But if 'staying in the loop' means buying into McKay and Green why is there a 'to do' list. Seems like it would already be done?
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Speaking of schedule, I wonder if that Puerto Rico tournament is still on?
LU is scheduled to play in the US Virgin Islands, not Puerto Rico. Georgie is from Puerto Rico.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:
JK37 wrote:Speaking of schedule, I wonder if that Puerto Rico tournament is still on?
LU is scheduled to play in the US Virgin Islands, not Puerto Rico. Georgie is from Puerto Rico.
Correct on the location, but JK37 raises a legit point in that St. Thomas has actually taken near direct hits from not 1 but 2 major hurricanes in the last couple of weeks, both Irma and Maria. Still getting rained on by Maria here, but for the second straight time we were spared anything damaging or life threatening.
By Class of 20Something
olldflame wrote:
SumItUp wrote:
Correct on the location, but JK37 raises a legit point in that St. Thomas has actually taken near direct hits from not 1 but 2 major hurricanes in the last couple of weeks, both Irma and Maria. Still getting rained on by Maria here, but for the second straight time we were spared anything damaging or life threatening.
Sending LU Send with the basketball team could be a great opportunity. You help the people start rebuilding and give them something fun to take their mind off the wake of the hurricanes. Use basketball as a ministry in a way. And have real boots on the ground doing work.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
SumItUp wrote:
Glad to hear you are safe and sound, Olldflame.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Great idea 20something. Back to Puerto Rico and Georgie's family, based on his twitter, he has had no word from them. Not terribly surprising seeing as the entire power grid is down........... 100%! Tough to communicate under those circumstances. The entire country needs prayer, and tangible help. Big brother USA needs to step up big time. The country had a ton of problems BEFORE this happened. Puerto Rico is now Puerto Pobre.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Thing is, even if we could mobilize power trucks and other vehicles to help with the rebuilding process here in the USA, we would probably need large ships and C-130s to be able to get those resources onto the island
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]