This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By badger74
Registration Days Posts
Lynchburg is getting some real concerts these days. Any1 see them? I hope LU students can support these shows.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
badger74 wrote:Lynchburg is getting some real concerts these days. Any1 see them? I hope LU students can support these shows.
Most current students weren't born when they were popular. Don't give me the run-around, they need to get some current acts to hook them. But anyway...
Last edited by adam42381 on August 14th, 2017, 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:You mean the kids weren't into George Clinton?
I wish I'd been in town for that!
By badger74
Registration Days Posts
I was not born when Howling Wolf and Willie Dixon wrote the songs that became the basis for the great rock bands of the 60s either. But I went back and learned and saw the originals. Most music today is crap BTW. Will be forgotten in a year.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
badger74 wrote:I was not born when Howling Wolf and Willie Dixon wrote the songs that became the basis for the great rock bands of the 60s either. But I went back and learned and saw the originals. Most music today is crap BTW. Will be forgotten in a year.
Agreed. I was making a joke, but it fell flat.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
badger74 wrote:I was not born when Howling Wolf and Willie Dixon wrote the songs that became the basis for the great rock bands of the 60s either. But I went back and learned and saw the originals. Most music today is crap BTW. Will be forgotten in a year
I try to tell my 14 yo daughter that, but...
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]