Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
From you? Not really...Youre doing it because of my previous comments so it really isn't that big of a surprise that you try to change your tune.

Anyway, Josh performed well last night. Will be monitoring Flacco's progress as he recovers from his back issues and see if he gets a bit more run in the remaining games this preseason
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Was listening to the local afternoon drive show and they mentioned Josh briefly discussing the Ravens...made a facetious comment about a QB controversy after his performance last night
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Matthew Stevens of Ravens Wire had this to say in his "Studs and Duds" column about the 23-3 preseason win:

Josh Woodrum:

I might get a little flak for this, but the third-string “camp arm” quarterback had the best performance of the six quarterbacks that saw the field between the two teams. With an offensive line that was a sieve early on, Woodrum had to run for his life on a few occasions, picking up a large chunk of yards on one occasion and keeping plays going on others.

When things finally settled down, Woodrum nailed several deep throws, finding wide receiver Tim White for the only passing touchdown of the night. Woodrum finished a perfect 4-for-4 for 85 yards and a touchdown.

http://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/ ... edskins/2/
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Aguayo was a sad story...one of the most accurate kickers in college and a total head case once he hits the pros...and the Bucs used a second round pick for him too
By gerb
It seems Josh Woodrum’s preseason game against the Washington Redskins has elevated him to the second string. He worked his reps with most of the second unit, at least more than before the game on Thursday.
https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2017/ ... -camp-2017
Nice catches for Keenan Reynolds: The Naval Academy graduate fared well during a seven-on-seven exercise, making a tough catch in traffic over the middle and then beating rookie cornerback Reggie Porter to grab a deep pass from quarterback Josh Woodrum along the right sideline.
More troubles for the quarterbacks: Ryan Mallett made only one poor decision, but it was a bad one as his pass to Boyle during a red zone drill was intercepted by cornerback Brandon Carr and returned more than 90 yards for a defensive touchdown. And rookie cornerback Jaylen Hill picked off a ball thrown by Dustin Vaughan.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/rave ... story.html
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ravens are on TV tonight, and Josh just ran for a 14-yard TD and threw for a 2-point conversion.

Announcers said the only the LU player to make the NFL was Samkon Gado. No mention of Eric Green or half dozen others (or more) who made the NFL. Announcers obviously didn't do their research.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Ravens are on TV tonight, and Josh just ran for a 14-yard TD and threw for a 2-point conversion.

Announcers said the only the LU player to make the NFL was Samkon Gado. No mention of Eric Green or half dozen others (or more) who made the NFL. Announcers obviously didn't do their research.
Josh finished 8/10 for 110 yards and a 112.5 QB rating. Ryan Mallett had a 50.0 rating by comparison. Josh is putting some solid play on film. I think he'll make an NFL roster this year.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
Agreed. Josh was interviewed by the Ravens Post Game crew. They basically gave him softball questions asking how he may be ready if another team wants to pick him up. The way Mallett is playing, he may get a shot with the Ravens first string. He's played very well when given the opportunity.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
Yeah... I just watched his interview on the Ravens Facebook page... If fan comments are any indication... he's won a lot of people over. A ton of people were saying to let him run with the 1's next week. Mallett is playing poorly. I'd love to see Josh get a run next week against the 1's on D. We'll see. He's doing a great job.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
TallyW wrote:Yeah... I just watched his interview on the Ravens Facebook page... If fan comments are any indication... he's won a lot of people over. A ton of people were saying to let him run with the 1's next week. Mallett is playing poorly. I'd love to see Josh get a run next week against the 1's on D. We'll see. He's doing a great job.
http://russellstreetreport.com/rave-on- ... phins-win/
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
He is really surprising me. He has always had a ton of talent. Seems to really be clicking for him now. Will be interesting to see if he gets more time with the 1st string next week.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Can't measure maturity. Looks like he's found it. Which will accentuate the talent we knew he had
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:He is really surprising me. He has always had a ton of talent. Seems to really be clicking for him now. Will be interesting to see if he gets more time with the 1st string next week.
The popular sentiment is that he's earned a shot to play with the ones, but if they're locked in on Mallett as the #2 and Flacco isn't ready to start the season, they may believe he needs all the 1st team reps he can get.

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2017/ ... odrum-good
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Can't measure maturity. Looks like he's found it. Which will accentuate the talent we knew he had
He is showing a level of maturity that may have come from the ups and downs of his NFL fortunes. His post-game interviews have certainly been polished and professional.

Check out @Ravens's Tweet:
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
He always had the the arm, athleticism and accuracy. He was pretty good at reading defenses as well. Only knock on him was the maturity, the deep ball and the touch. All of this seems to have improved especially his touch. His deep balls have been on point. He's been really putting in the work. He should be the QB2.

I'll will say this as well...the coaching staff didn't do him favors with the play calling. Running up the middle on 1st and 2nd down and topping off with the bomb. It was like clock work.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
Similar story on ESPN this morning:

Chris often wore Josh's jersey during games at Liberty University, where Josh became the first quarterback in Big South history to throw for more than 10,000 yards.

But Josh is quick to point out Chris' accomplishments. He won two gold medals in swimming and a silver as part of a relay team in the Special Olympics in 2010.

"I just want to make him proud," Josh said. "He never complains about anything."

Woodrum is making the most of his opportunity with Baltimore. He quickly has gone from being a camp arm -- someone signed to replace a lower-level Arena League passer -- to a fan favorite. There were chants of "Woodrum" at some bars in Maryland during Thursday night's game.

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-rave ... n-syndrome
Last edited by TallyW on August 18th, 2017, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]