Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Man i wish i could watch the first Ravens preseason game. Id love to see Josh get some in game NFL reps
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
But there are plenty of bad teammates on NFL rosters. He isn't on a roster because of his political beliefs. I don't even agree with his beliefs and think he's wrong but when you see some of the QBs on NFL rosters it's crazy he isn't on one.

Also. Woodrum was always a pretty crappy teammate himself. Just to bring this back in topic.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Has he said he wants to be handed a starting job?

He should have a job in the NFL. There are way worse people in the NFL than Colin Kaepernick.

I get it. He didn't pay his respects to the flag. I think there are better ways to get your point across but at the end of the day I would much rather people take that approach than some of the other extreme approaches we have seen others take.

It is insane that his political beliefs have cost him a job. White Christians were up in arms when Tebow found himself on the outside looking in but Kaepernick, who is better and a solid backup, get blacklisted all is Ok?

Sorry for the want but it's really annoyed me lately.
He's a back up QB, despite what Booger McFarland says. He was lightning in a bottle the SB year because that was the first year a team really went with a read option at the pro level. The defenses quickly figured that scheme and his weaknesses out. So for him to be on a team he'd have to go to one that has a run oriented QB offense. It's why Seattle made sense. But other than that, there are not a lot of offenses suited to his style of play.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I agree he isn't a starter in this league. I never was high on him as a starter but there are some crappy back ups getting paid in the league and some even worse teammates.

Aka Josh Woodrum.

;)
Kaep isn't worth the negative press for any team at the moment. Sure he's a higher quality back up than most in the league, but most owners don't want to intentionally bring that media firestorm into town for a backup.

I'm a Cowboys fan and think Kaepernick is a great fit to backup Dak, but with the reputation Dallas has, valid or not, with character issues they won't bring him in. We just signed a 37 year old Luke McCown because it isn't a big story.

Woodrum is at the least a serviceable camp body that doesn't bring in any additional press. I hope he makes the 53 but have my doubts.
Sly Fox wrote:Generally character issues are a positive in Jerruh's book. He's built an entire culture around it in Frisco.
:roll:

Dallas has the media to thank for that untrue narrative in sports. Since 2000, Dallas is in the Bottom half of the league in arrests at 20 arrests in 17 years. Meanwhile the league leading Vikings have had 44 separate arrests in the same span. The last place is the Texans, who weren't a team until 2002, with 8.

Being America's Team means being in the spotlight disproportionately. There isn't a culture issue in Dallas.
thepostman wrote:Ahhh the media is the reason for the narrative. Is that you Donald?
Character assassination is a really weak debate tactic. Try reading past the first line and you might come off as more than a pretentious tool.

I gave plenty of facts for you to refute. You should try it.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Generally character issues are a positive in Jerruh's book. He's built an entire culture around it in Frisco.
:roll:

Dallas has the media to thank for that untrue narrative in sports. Since 2000, Dallas is in the Bottom half of the league in arrests at 20 arrests in 17 years. Meanwhile the league leading Vikings have had 44 separate arrests in the same span. The last place is the Texans, who weren't a team until 2002, with 8.

Being America's Team means being in the spotlight disproportionately. There isn't a culture issue in Dallas.
:nod
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, that might fly with someone who hasn't had personal dealings with the Jones family and the Cowboys organization on a close basis. You failed ot mention the long string of felons that Jerruh will bring onto the squad. The last couple of weeks have been a a near constant run on the police blotter. Jerruh would sign John Wayne Gacy if he thought he could squeeze an extra few yards a game.

And yes, we remember the legendary Vikings cruise. The difference being that whne Minnesota players are arrested they are either disciplined or cut. Jerruh actively pursues them. Then again, Jerruh always considered Al Davis a mentor.

As for Josh, he has the tools to be a serviceable backup. He just needs to impress someone enough in camp to keep him around long enough to learn a system.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
What is crazy to me is we are lumping kap into the same category as people who have been arrested. It's insane.

As far as the cowboys go jerry jones defended Greg Hardy for way too long. At that point I decided to never give him or the cowboys the benefit of the doubt and that is just one case.

Sly covered it much better and I could. If Sly and I are in the same page something must be up. Haha
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Wow the hate is strong with this group. Jealousy will do that to you haha.

Disclaimer: I am a lifetime Cowboys but haven't liked Jerry from almost day one of his ownership. Definitely his treatment of Tom Landry sealed that. But they are still my team and guys like Jason Witten help me remain loyal.

As for the "thugs" I think Jerry suffers from Danny Rocco syndrome, hoping he can tap into the talent while helping to reform the player. Sometimes it works, often it does not. I don't like it as it values certain individuals over others based on God-given talent rather than character.

ps. Not a fan of JJ in the HOF. He has money and spent it lavishly on his team which is fine but that's his only contribution to football and not HOF worthy in my opinion.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
For the record the Ravens opener is next Thursday against Washington so hopefully Josh will get to play (and im sure postie would love to see him do terribly since he dislikes him so much)
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Further removed we get from woodrum playing here the better he looks. Remember all the brilliant players that wanted masha and swore he was better or all the guys that said he wasnt a leader. Wonder how many of those guys were part of the problem since it seemed to carry into last year. I was as critical as anyone on josh but ive started to think it wasnt all him.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Didn't Josh have a cup of coffee with the Dolphins? They may have an opening
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:For the record the Ravens opener is next Thursday against Washington so hopefully Josh will get to play (and im sure postie would love to see him do terribly since he dislikes him so much)
Never change BJ.

I have always wished nothing but the best for Josh and hope he does well. Just because I've been critical of Josh doesn't mean I hope he fails. That's just silly. But it's how you've always operated so it is to be expected.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Josh just threw a 33-yard TD pass on the first play of his second series with the Ravens. This is the first time he's actually played in an NFL game if memory serves.
rmiller1959 wrote:Josh just threw a 33-yard TD pass on the first play of his second series with the Ravens. This is the first time he's actually played in an NFL game if memory serves.
Perfect placement too. Making a strong case for at least a practice squad.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
rmiller1959 wrote:Josh just threw a 33-yard TD pass on the first play of his second series with the Ravens. This is the first time he's actually played in an NFL game if memory serves.
Perfect placement too. Making a strong case for at least a practice squad.
He threw a nice 14-yard slant on a subsequent drive. He looks poised out there. It's also notable that the other backup, Dustin Vaughn, only got one series in the second half while Josh Woodrum took all the other snaps. I think a practice squad slot is entirely possible.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
He could get third string outright if they decide to keep a third qb on the roster
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]