Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The top pic is a year or so old but was the only one I could find without him in a helmet. The bottom pic is a better representation. He's supposed to be really quick.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If teal is his favorite color, we're in trouble.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I originally thought that too but he has liked a lot more liberty coastal and odu stuff than ecu but again its an 18 year old so who knows. Ecu is certainly the most established program of the 5 but i would say PT will come quicker at liberty or CCU.

Further, i went back and read and he even answered one kid that said "theres only one big school there" with ball is ball whether its big or small.
Last edited by jinxy on July 16th, 2017, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:I originally thought that too but he has liked a lot more liberty coastal and odu stuff than ecu but again its an 18 year old so who knows. Ecu is certainly the most established program of the 5 but i would say PT will come quicker at liberty or CCU.
This raises an interesting question. How many, if any, recruiting battles will Coastal win because they can promise a better opportunity at a Championship and realistic shot at a Bowl game. I'm not commenting on the quality just the reality
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple, I think Coastal's bigger sell is that they are only 8 miles from the beach. Myrtle has to be a bigger draw than the Sun Belt.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Purple, I think Coastal's bigger sell is that they are only 8 miles from the beach. Myrtle has to be a bigger draw than the Sun Belt.
Obvious draw. But LU has far far superior facilities
Asking a kid to play for a championship is a pretty powerful inducement.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Superior facilities and scheduling to go along with playing time.
In terms of teams played? Maybe. In terms of what the cumulative season means? Coastal wins that battle for now
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Purple, I think Coastal's bigger sell is that they are only 8 miles from the beach. Myrtle has to be a bigger draw than the Sun Belt.
MB is getting to be more of a dump every year. I personally don't see the draw, but an 18 year old, who knows. CCU is on the wrong end of town and the busy time of the year for the beach is during the summer, when school is out.
CCU's record crowd is only 10k and most of the new seats will be empty, with the possible exception of a couple of games. I see us having just as good a chance to get to a bowl game within the next 5 years (not real probable for either school). Don't see CCU being in the top half of the SBC for a good while and their fans don't travel. I think we play a tougher schedule in the future (haven't looked, but we have some pretty high-profile games). Just my .02
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Beach is nice but I would rather play home games in front of 25 to 30 thousand fans than 8 to 10 thousand.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Nothing from him yesterday. Probably decided he needs more time. No harm there. The further he gets away from the coastal visit the better for us.
Perhaps,although looking at his offers, I would say he has at least 8 better options than Coastal. Delaying his announcement is insignificant. He has til signing day to make up his mind. Why even bother with a date unless you have a good reason? I like Ballard's thinking on that. He is planning to announce on Aug 17 because HS practice starts on the 18th and he wants to have recruiting out of the way to focus on his Senior season.
oldflame wrote:
jinxy wrote:Nothing from him yesterday. Probably decided he needs more time. No harm there. The further he gets away from the coastal visit the better for us.
Perhaps,although looking at his offers, I would say he has at least 8 better options than Coastal. Delaying his announcement is insignificant. He has til signing day to make up his mind. Why even bother with a date unless you have a good reason? I like Ballard's thinking on that. He is planning to announce on Aug 17 because HS practice starts on the 18th and he wants to have recruiting out of the way to focus on his Senior season.
Probably the most respectable reason to decide before signing day.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Unless you're a rock solid hard commit for a school (or planning to be), it's not uncommon to have someone wait it out, especially when new offers come in. At his size, he has the potential to do well in a triple option offense as a slotback
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]