Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
ATrain wrote:Seriously guys get a room, or go behind a bush or something
A burning bush?
When he says bush.....
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:Seriously guys get a room, or go behind a bush or something
A burning bush?
You should seriously get that checked out
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
When he says bush.....
Referencing a place recently vacated by a certain someone
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Here's a question, ballcoach : the ones with the bad attitudes and such...how'd you KNOW they were gay? :dontgetit
Because they had bad attitudes. Duh. Only those with bad attitudes are gay
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Just catching up on all the fantastic content in the "Ian McCaw" thread.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:Just catching up on all the fantastic content in the "Ian McCaw" thread.
It seems the hate has died down a bit. FBS has softened it as has the schedule we've somehow fallen into.
No. Time has. People have moved on. It was inevitable. I'm positive it will pop up from time to time. LU and he will always be linked to the going one at Baylor.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JK37, reference your question above, I can watch a coach and tell if straight or gay, 99% of the time. I had lot of experience with gays in military. There were some in probably every unit I was in. I had to process a few out of the Army. Lot of paperwork. back then all they had to do to get out of Army, was say, " I'm gay and I want out".
Thus I know a gay when I see one. (99% of the time). Sometimes I get fooled, but not often.
ballcoach15 wrote:JK37, reference your question above, I can watch a coach and tell if straight or gay, 99% of the time. I had lot of experience with gays in military. There were some in probably every unit I was in. I had to process a few out of the Army. Lot of paperwork. back then all they had to do to get out of Army, was say, " I'm gay and I want out".
Thus I know a gay when I see one. (99% of the time). Sometimes I get fooled, but not often.
I have never seen a straight man brag about his Gaydar.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: I had lot of experience with gays in military.
Yes, I'm sure you did. Sorry none of them worked out for you.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Umm...if BC worked for me and I saw these kinds of comments (regardless who they were about or my own personal thoughts about it)...Id have him fired immediately
BJWilliams wrote:Umm...if BC worked for me and I saw these kinds of comments (regardless who they were about or my own personal thoughts about it)...Id have him fired immediately
I feel like his comments are why the right gets a bad wrap as a whole. It's certainly not the view of the majority, but it sure is one of the louder ones.
By cruzan_flame13
This thread has went off topic. I do have something to ask that involves IM. So I've observed the Flames site on csnbbs and there was a question that came about. It was about the final update on the 2019 schedule but also on the the Bill's expansion. Will it be McCaw to reveal the design sketch(es) of the expanded stadium or is it the construction crew/JLF Jr? Or all of the above? I'm sure someone brought up the time frame on the revealing of these announcements, so I'm going to ask when was the approximate time?
cruzan_flame13 wrote:This thread has went off topic. I do have something to ask that involves IM. So I've observed the Flames site on csnbbs and there was a question that came about. It was about the final update on the 2019 schedule but also on the the Bill's expansion. Will it be McCaw to reveal the design sketch(es) of the expanded stadium or is it the construction crew/JLF Jr? Or all of the above? I'm sure someone brought up the time frame on the revealing of these announcements, so I'm going to ask when was the approximate time?
We haven't heard anything for the schedule beyond "this summer" from IM. As for the expansion, word on the street is that a 3 story tower has been decided upon as the next phase.

I would expect the schedule to come out a couple of weeks before football season starts. They might be holding onto both stories as better headlines when we play Baylor.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
POY Candidate
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
:bowdown
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ATrain wrote:
POY Candidate
I'm the Susan Lucci of my posts being nominated for POY, LOL
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
York does a Summer update interview with Ian.

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 44&TeamID=

The big news here was the announcement that, while we are still awaiting signatures on some contracts, apparently there are verbal agreements for the complete football schedules through 2021. :shock: When you consider where we were just a few months ago, that is mind boggling. I also thought his comments on BSC Football media day certainly did not sound like those of an AD whose program has gotten the boot. I'm thinking we will be in the BSC for all other sports for a while yet.
oldflame wrote:York does a Summer update interview with Ian.

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 44&TeamID=

The big news here was the announcement that, while we are still awaiting signatures on some contracts, apparently there are verbal agreements for the complete football schedules through 2021. :shock: When you consider where we were just a few months ago, that is mind boggling. I also thought his comments on BSC Football media day certainly did not sound like those of an AD whose program has gotten the boot. I'm thinking we will be in the BSC for all other sports for a while yet.
If 2021 is essentially complete, he is awesome! There really isn't any "difficulty scheduling" drawback to the independent life. The only negatives would be inconsistent opponents and no shared revenue, but I'm not sure the SBC or CUSA would benefit us in the second regard.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I have a feeling the athletic department would still say scheduling is very difficult but kudos to them for getting this done so quickly. They are doing a fantastic job with it.
thepostman wrote:I have a feeling the athletic department would still say scheduling is very difficult but kudos to them for getting this done so quickly. They are doing a fantastic job with it.
I'm certain it wasn't "Easy" but to put together 48 games in 6 months is an incredible feat. It certainly makes it seem that building the schedule wasn't nearly as impossible as previously thought. Now that we are 4 years out, we should be comfortable scheduling whom we want.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]