If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:No it was my buddy's girl friend
I now know why you don't like tennis...
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Florida and Oklahoma for championship. I love it that no PAC 12 or Big 10 team is in championship.

Go Gators
FTFY
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I stand corrected. Still not like the conference.

A Gator fan told me they are all big whiners and crybabies.
AKA snowflakes
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
That was an epic game last night...it didn't finish until 12:30 almost 1 AM.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It might be time to move WCWS out of Okalhoma . The Sooners have too much of a home field advantage.

But still, Gators should have won last night. Win , lose or get rained out, Florida has a better team.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:It might be time to move WCWS out of Okalhoma . The Sooners have too much of a home field advantage.

But still, Gators should have won last night. Win , lose or get rained out, Florida has a better team.
Why bother with all the trouble and expense of playing the games, in Oklahoma or anywhere else? Since ballcoach already knows who is the better team, he can just pick the National Champion every year :roll:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Florida loses 5-4.

on bright side of things, Liberty was 1 of only 2 teams in D1 softball to win their final game of season.
That statement has been made quite a bit, but I'm less than 100% convinced it is accurate. Does EVERY D1 softball team play in their conference tournament? That certainly is not the case in baseball. If some conferences only put the top 8 seeds in the tourney like the BSC does in baseball, there is likely another team or 2 who did not make the cut, but won their last regular season game.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Florida loses 5-4.

on bright side of things, Liberty was 1 of only 2 teams in D1 softball to win their final game of season.
That statement has been made quite a bit, but I'm less than 100% convinced it is accurate. Does EVERY D1 softball team play in their conference tournament? That certainly is not the case in baseball. If some conferences only put the top 8 seeds in the tourney like the BSC does in baseball, there is likely another team or 2 who did not make the cut, but won their last regular season game.
You have a good point Oldflame. I found one. Providence won their last game, finishing 5th in the Big East. Only the top four teams in the conference went to the conference championship.
http://www.bigeast.com/standings.aspx?s ... h=softball
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That is true, I had not thought about that. But I can see where if a team doesn't make their conference tournament, no one remembers they won their last game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:That is true, I had not thought about that. But I can see where if a team doesn't make their conference tournament, no one remembers they won their last game.
About as many people know LU 'won' their last game
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach ordered me one, too. :shock:
Is TF getting one, also? :dontgetit
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have my "NISC CHAMPIONS" t-shirt on the way.
I didn't take you for someone who celebrates participation trophies.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That is NOT a participation trophy. It says: "NISC CHAMPIONS"

Now if it said NISC RUNNER-UP, or NISC PARTICIPANT , then it would be participation trophy.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I have my "NISC CHAMPIONS" t-shirt on the way.
I didn't take you for someone who celebrates participation trophies.
:rofl
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i watched until michigan was out of it. the girls watched with me for a smidge but told me it was more fun to watch the boys do it when i play. so theres that.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
I think its because they learn more words they've not heard before at the local ball diamond.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]