If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUAlum1215
Hello Fellow Flames,

After about 2 years of hanging out in the shadows and following the site I've finally figured out how to join the forum (Thanks to my apparent lack of computer literacy and some help from Jon)!

A little about me- this coming fall will mark 10 years since I moved to the mountain, originally as a student. I guess I liked it so much I decided to stay. I now work for LU, as does my wife, and we have no plans to leave anytime soon.

I've long enjoyed the commentary, opinions, banter, and sarcasm and now look forward to contributing myself.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
:welcome
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Just make sure your opinions are positive. :speakhearsee

Well, unless you have opinions about the nachos, because we want you to be honest about food.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Just make sure your opinions are positive. :speakhearsee

Well, unless you have opinions about the nachos, because we want you to be honest about food.
Figures a Marshall guy would want only positive comments. Bunch of repressive Commies.
Post what you want and enjoy yourself!
(And any help on the nachos is appreciated)
:welcome
By cruzan_flame13
Welcome, glad that you decided to join in! Quick question, is the 1215 in your username has any reference towards the Magna Carta?
By LUAlum1215
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Welcome, glad that you decided to join in! Quick question, is the 1215 in your username has any reference towards the Magna Carta?
No. If it was hard to tell, I offer little in the way of creativity. In fact, I had forgotten I created an account with that username until Jon helped me get it sorted out this morning. Im pretty sure it was one of those suggested usernames since the original choice was taken or something
By Class of 20Something
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Welcome, glad that you decided to join in! Quick question, is the 1215 in your username has any reference towards the Magna Carta?
I would wager multiple graduation years.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
I'll take that bet.
By LUAlum1215
adam42381 wrote:
I'll take that bet.
Close. Graduated in '12 and '16. Honestly can't remember what the numbers were for. Apparently the account was created in 2015 and I never figured out how to activate it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
I'll take that bet.
Really? :dontgetit I mean doesn't everyone clamor for that coveted Magna Carta screen name? Or the end of the Battle of Beijing. .
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
I'll take that bet.
Me too. :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I love seeing the lurkers come into the light!
Agreed. The more the merrier
By rtb72
LUAlum1215 wrote:Hello Fellow Flames,

After about 2 years of hanging out in the shadows and following the site I've finally figured out how to join the forum (Thanks to my apparent lack of computer literacy and some help from Jon)!

A little about me- this coming fall will mark 10 years since I moved to the mountain, originally as a student. I guess I liked it so much I decided to stay. I now work for LU, as does my wife, and we have no plans to leave anytime soon.

I've long enjoyed the commentary, opinions, banter, and sarcasm and now look forward to contributing myself.
Welcome Aboard!
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 7 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]