If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Some very interesting seeds.

If Alabama and Florida win their regional, they will meet in Super Regional.
JMU won 50 games, and had RPI of 13. They got sent to Baylor Regional as a 3 seed.
Every SEC school that has softball, made tournament.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Vanderbilt doesnt have softball. Very puzzling. Same as in ACC, where Wake Forest, Clemson and Miami do not have team. Duke starts up next season. In BSC, High Point and UNCA are non softball schools.

I guess it has something to do with Title 9, dealing with number of female athletes vs male athletes.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
there was controversy surrounding the seedlings.. once I saw list of selection committee members, I realized what problem was. most of committee was unqualified to sit on committee, when it comes to softball.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
It makes no sense that any school with a football team would not have softball because of title IX. High Point and UNCA, probably so. Those ACC and SEC schools must have just chosen other women's sports to balance the scholarships.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
very puzzling,, especially schools like Clemson, Miami and Wake Forest. also Vanderbilt.

Duke starts up next season. hope we play them.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ole Miss blew a lead and lost to UCLA in extra innings.
Last edited by Cider Jim on May 27th, 2017, 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Go Gators!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I rather watch 1 inning of softball than entire French Open or any tennis match.
:clapping :oldhag :nod
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I rather watch 1 inning of softball than entire French Open or any tennis match.

Just so you know, ballcoach, ATrain comes from a different perspective than mostof us where tennis is concerned, having played and coached (grad assistant) at the d1 level.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I played one tennis match in my life. I got beat by a girl. (1978)
Was it in the AstroDome and was her name Billie?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Was this a DATE that went bad, ballcoach? :denied
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]