The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
It would...which is why I said it wasn't a single party transaction. BC's problem is he myopically focuses on Liberty when he "analyzes" the games
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I saw every pitch. As coach Richardson said in post game interview we looked at strikes and swung at pitches out of zone. Weber pitcher was good but we made her look better than she is.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:It would...which is why I said it wasn't a single party transaction. BC's problem is he myopically focuses on Liberty when he "analyzes" the games
Ahhh. He was right just not right enough. Got it
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Yes...whether you're joking or not
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Even the News Advance has gotten involved with Fake News.
The paper said DiMartino started and Cassidy pitched 4 innings in relief.

Very poor coverage as usual of LU softball. It's hard to believe the NA didn't have reporter covering a national tournament in their home town.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Even the News Advance has gotten involved with Fake News.
The paper said DiMartino started and Cassidy pitched 4 innings in relief.

Very poor coverage as usual of LU softball. It's hard to believe the NA didn't have reporter covering a national tournament in their home town.
For once you have a legit beef on that. Whether they think softball games are important enough to send a reporter or not is up to them, but if they are going to publish results, they need to get their facts straight. Not too hard, just click on the live stats link at libertyflames.com.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I should volunteer to cover the LU softball games for N&A. I don't have a Journalism Degree and I am bad with Grammar, but I do have a "Doctorate in Softball".
I wrote a Letter to the Editor on N&A lack of coverage on BSC Tournament, but they refused to publish it.

In their brief article on yesterday's game, they said Sallie Robertson got a hit. I not know we have a player by that name.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I don't have a Journalism Degree and I am bad with Grammar, but I do have a "Doctorate in Softball".
I'll buy that! :D And at least you know your weakness. :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
WSET even sent their weekend sports anchor--with video camera--to cover the tournament.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
I can let Damien defend himself, but I can tell you that the N&A isn't paying overtime to cover the softball NIT, and they aren't asking their reporters who get paid virtually nothing to begin with to work a Sunday on their own time. It's reality.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I would just about pay NA to let me cover LU softball as a Free Lancer. Program is growing and needs coverage.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
374 people total attended the two games yesterday. Your interest may not match the interest of the general public.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I will admit attendance has been pitiful. Part of that is the result of "poor marketing", in my opinion. People simply do not know about the tournament.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
And the students are GONE for the summer.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Right. I'm not trying to trash softball. If this is an NCAA regional, I'm sure the decision would have been much different. But you only have so many hours in a week to allocate to staffers, and it's getting to be high-school tournament season. The priority will always be there, especially when LU is there putting out a press release on the event. That said, there's merit to the complaint about incorrect information. Sunday night staffing is always skeletal, though.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Lang is right...even when I was a freelancer I know that Mr Morris had to prioritize his people and honestly, as has been said already, Softball isn't a sport that people really care about...I mean yeah the schools have their fans, but its not exactly something that has a level of support that would drive the local media to put a ton into covering it. The HS playoff games that involve local teams will get some B-roll and a mention on the 6 and 11 but you won't have live standups or major media investment. The papers might send a few writers to cover games of local interest and give an inch or so in the next day's fishwrap for all the games in general but that really is about it.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I mean if it was an NCAA regional as Lang said, and one of the major players was in it, then yeah you might get a nice little bump (especially if ESPN was in town), but Adam's right...at the end of the day, nobody really cares.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There is some who care.
Even if count is small.
but any college D1 tournament in town should get more coverage than a Jefferson Forest soccer game.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:There is some who care.
Even if count is small.
but any college D1 tournament in town should get more coverage than a Jefferson Forest soccer game.
Coach - Do you subscribe to the N&A?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I buy it 7 days a week at local Shell station..

I not have it delivered to my home because I leave the house most mornings before Carrier comes by.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:There is some who care.
Even if count is small.
Local high school sports deserve more coverage than a bottom tier college softball tournament. Locals are much more interested in reading about their neighborhood kids than about some college softball players from out of state playing in a meaningless end of year tournament. We get it. You like softball. You are in a very small minority.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: but any college D1 tournament in town should get more coverage than a Jefferson Forest soccer game.
Not a battle you're going to win. Sorry.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Indeed...even if we were hosting an NCAA regional you get one HI story from Damien and a quick recap of each game and that's about it. youre on the wrong side of the scale with this one BC
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]