The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
RPI of 102
W-L 36-20
BA 324
HR 21
SB 98-116

Weber is a better hitting team than most we have faced. Also probably has more Stolen Bases than anyone on our schedule. We should have advantage with pitching.
Our hitting dropped in Regional Tournament, but I doubt if we will see pitching like Ohio's, this time around.

(Remember, TF said "good pitching will stop good hitting")
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:RPI of 102
W-L 36-20
BA 324
HR 21
SB 98-116

Weber is a better hitting team than most we have faced. Also probably has more Stolen Bases than anyone on our schedule. We should have advantage with pitching.
Our hitting dropped in Regional Tournament, but I doubt if we will see pitching like Ohio's, this time around.

Who the heck is TF?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:RPI of 102
W-L 36-20
BA 324
HR 21
SB 98-116

Not much power when you consider the gaudy BA. By way of comparison, we have hit 31 HR to theit 21. Looks like they like to play small ball. Our defense will need to be sharp.
By Dalegarz1
Given the "experience" of ballcoach, TF probably stands for Tito Francona, not Terry Francona!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
TF was a legendary high school athlete locally in the 1960s and still plays an amazing racquetball game. For decades, he was also closely connected with the Lynchburg Hillcats.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:TF was a legendary high school athlete locally in the 1960s and still plays an amazing racquetball game. For decades, he was also closely connected with the Lynchburg Hillcats.
I believe you are referring to Terry Falwell. While it is quite possible he said that at some point, I can assure everyone it did not originate with him. ( I still like the YB version better.) Also, if Terry is indeed the TF ballcoach is referring too, I think I deserve "partial credit" for guessing Tyler.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sorry, oldflame. This is ballcoach's message to you, quoting himself in the third person. :nono
ballcoach does not give partial credit on anything.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Sorry, oldflame. This is ballcoach's message to you, quoting himself in the third person. :nono
ballcoach does not give partial credit on anything.
I can envision Cider typing this as ballcoach ACTUALLY would have: "ballcoach not give partial credit on anything" He hovers over the submit button shaking his head and mutters "I can't do it" before typing in the word "does" and submitting the post. 8)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
:rofl It actually hurt me not to capitalize "ballcoach," but I copied and pasted his message directly.

I figured an old Army guy would believe in the "horseshoes and hand grenades" theory of partial credit, but not our beloved ballcoach. It's all or nothing in his black and white world. :nono
By Dalegarz1
I think a better example of the origin of that saying would be EF. Does anyone remember "The King and His Court"?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:I think a better example of the origin of that saying would be EF. Does anyone remember "The King and His Court"?
The guy would have 1 infielder, 1 outfielder, a catcher and a first basemen besides himself He would throw a softball between his legs, pitch from 2nd base and all kind of crazy things and still get strikeouts. In his day he was unhittable that's why he didn't need any fielders. The "Globetrotters" of fastpitch softball. Yes, I remember him and saw him pitch many years ago in my hometown.
By Dalegarz1
His name was Eddie Feigner (sp) and I saw him pitch in Hinchcliffe Stadium in Paterson NJ
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He used to be a Miller Lite pitchman in addition to his traveling softball show. Growing up in Ohio, I had no exposure to fastpitch until he came along and started gaining attention.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Ticket Prices:

12.00 a day, or 40.00 for entire tournament.

Ticket prices don't bother me, but the price of concessions is almost robbery. 3.00 for water, 5.00 for small popcorn, 2.50 for candy bar.

I have managed concession stands before, that charged a dollar for every item, except nachos, (2.00). The booster club made money.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm assuming the prices are beyond the school's control based on the contract with the concessionaire. Then it is just a matter of what the market will support. Somebody must be buying or the prices will start falling.
By LUDad
For what it's worth, Longwood made the finals of their ncaa regional. Will need to beat Tenn. twice to go to super regional.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, Longwood beat both Ohio State and USC-Upstate. :shock:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
First pitch is scheduled for 7:00 tonight, and the weather man is calling for temps at 65 degrees and 70%-80% chance of :rainy .
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
This is not May 21 weather. Seems like March.

As for the team from Farmville, the Tennessee Regional was probably the weakest of the 16 regions. Tennessee eliminated the Farmville team 3-0 today. Hope the have a nice ride home.
JMU got no hit and eliminated by Baylor today. Hope they have nice trip home also.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Stealing home...seriously??
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Designed play. if catcher throws down. runner comes home. runner tries to get in rundown between 1st-2nd. we not too good with that play.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
We still scored 2 runs in the bottom of the 7th. We were one hit away from tying or winning it.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Or maybe the pitching was on point...Do you just ignore that good pitching often beats good hitting? A game isn't a single party transaction
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]