Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Is our golf team in line for an at-large this year? I know we were ranked earlier in the season but I haven't followed them.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
I believe I saw that they were #45 heading into the tournament. So they should be considered for an at large, maybe on the bubble.
Edit: Oldflame is correct - ranked 48th.
Last edited by flamehunter on April 24th, 2017, 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:Is our golf team in line for an at-large this year? I know we were ranked earlier in the season but I haven't followed them.
They were ranked 48 going into the conference tournament. I'd say we are on the bubble.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Oy...

That said, it's less that we underperformed and more that Campbell just had a really REALLY good three rounds and absolutely blitzed the course. Most years the score we put up probably wins the tournament...and easily so to boot
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:2016 Regionals

Last year a total of 81 teams made the regionals. If the field is that big again this year I think our chances should be pretty good.
I like our chances. In evaluating us as an at-large, our performance in the BSC tourney will actually weigh in our favor. That -19 would have won us the tourney and an auto-bid most years. Svenssen and his Campbell teammates were just on fire for 2 days this year to take it from us.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Campbell's top two scorers shot -22 by themselves so even if their other three had shot even they would have still won by three strokes
The top five teams of the 14 competing at the University of Texas Golf Club from May 15th-17th advance to Nationals up in Chicago. I am tied up on the 15th & 16th but may make a run to Austin for the final round if LU & UT are in the hunt. I haven't been to the UT track but here is is incredible.
KK and the folks in Charlotte have to be smiling like Cheshire cats over this. If Liberty had won the BSC, I highly doubt Campbell would have gotten an at large. Also, our being seeded 8 out of 14 would seem to indicate we were not so much on the bubble as a lock. Our golf program has gained a ton of respect nationally.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]