This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Cider Jim wrote:LU is preparing to have an OUTDOOR Convocation service on Friday. Right now, the new lawn is filled with thousands of folding chairs, and the stage will be the new Montview addition on the back of DeMoss. :shock:
Guess they're trying out the possibility of future commencements and convocations :P
PH's quote:
"It's pretty loud on the field that's for sure. Surprisingly so. I like the aesthetics of keeping the South End Zone open. Have some nice landscaping or an area like they have at UVA would be nice. Bury the visitors locker room in the bank and life would be good."

- Didn't they have that idea in the early designs of the expansion? Knowing that IM is the AD now, I'm not sure that your wish will be granted. I wouldn't be shocked if we expand to a stadium that look somewhat like the McLane stadium (I wouldn't say as big as the stadium) with a Jeffersonian style exterior. This review seem like it is going to be longer than the review years ago. I could be wrong though.
thepostman wrote:I'll be in Lynchburg on graduation week in case anybody cared, haha.
I think there might a Circle William drill that weekend. Possible NoKo hackers
So I'm hearing that the visitor's lockeroom(s)/Club sport facility will not be finished by the beginning of the football seasoned as they hoped it would. Am I hearing just rumors or are they facts? If it is true, how is this going to work for the visitors coming in at the Bill? Also, are there any sketches of the facility and possible room for seats above the facility or are they still brainstorming? I wonder which firm are they working with for ideas? VMDO architects have done a pretty good job with our campus master plan, so I'd vote for them :D
cruzan_flame13 wrote:So I'm hearing that the visitor's lockeroom(s)/Club sport facility will not be finished by the beginning of the football seasoned as they hoped it would. Am I hearing just rumors or are they facts? If it is true, how is this going to work for the visitors coming in at the Bill? Also, are there any sketches of the facility and possible room for seats above the facility or are they still brainstorming? I wonder which firm are they working with for ideas? VMDO architects have done a pretty good job with our campus master plan, so I'd vote for them :D
My sources have said soccer will be the visitors locker room for the 2017 season and the seating on top of the old locker room will stay to gauge fan desire.
cruzan_flame13 wrote:So I'm hearing that the visitor's lockeroom(s)/Club sport facility will not be finished by the beginning of the football seasoned as they hoped it would. Am I hearing just rumors or are they facts? If it is true, how is this going to work for the visitors coming in at the Bill? Also, are there any sketches of the facility and possible room for seats above the facility or are they still brainstorming? I wonder which firm are they working with for ideas? VMDO architects have done a pretty good job with our campus master plan, so I'd vote for them :D
Most,of your questions answered in one convenient place:
http://www.aseaofred.com/football-noteb ... expansion/
With our schedule this season, I don't see any way to gauge fan desire. There is no "big money game" on schedule. I doubt if all the Visitors combined, will bring 500 fans. Now if campus and city is buzzing about going FBS, that should help attendance somewhat. But fans will not pack out stadium until "real football teams" visit.
flamehunter wrote:
Imagine that! :idea:
A Sea of Red wrote:
flamehunter wrote:
Imagine that! :idea:
Having all your answers in one place is too old school and inside the box thinking
I was asking this for any other resources on the subject and not just this article. That's why I have asked hoping they'll be other articles confirming this claim. Not to downplay the article but I like to see other resources to make sure the information given is authentic. This has nothing to do with being old school and the "thinking in or outside the box" mockery is quite old now.
Yeah JC Manson and staff are in the habit of spreading rumors just to bump readership. :roll: ASOR's credibility is on the line with every article they write about their one subject - Liberty Athletics. If they post it you can bet it's not inauthentic.
Edit to add: They have direct quotes from IM. How much more authentic do you want?
Class of 20Something wrote:
My sources have said soccer will be the visitors locker room for the 2017 season and the seating on top of the old locker room will stay to gauge fan desire.
You are saying they are going to leave up the temporary bleachers behind the end zone, which was set up for Trump?
willflop wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
You are saying they are going to leave up the temporary bleachers behind the end zone, which was set up for Trump?
Yes.....I'm not enthused at the idea. But we shall see.
flamehunter wrote:Yeah JC Manson and staff are in the habit of spreading rumors just to bump readership. :roll: ASOR's credibility is on the line with every article they write about their one subject - Liberty Athletics. If they post it you can bet it's not inauthentic.
Edit to add: They have direct quotes from IM. How much more authentic do you want?

Again, I'm not discrediting their authencity. I would just like to other resources. Is that an issue? Is that stating that they are spreading rumors? Even in these forums, people state that they heard this from someone or the other. They get quotes from AD McCaw yes, but what if another article gain more depth of infirmation on the subject? Is it wrong to ask? For heavens sake smh.
flamehunter wrote:Yeah JC Manson and staff are in the habit of spreading rumors just to bump readership. :roll: ASOR's credibility is on the line with every article they write about their one subject - Liberty Athletics. If they post it you can bet it's not inauthentic.
Maybe he's like Beej. It's only accurate if it's on Twitter. Linear thinking will be your downfall
Jon and the boys are putting their credibility on the line as FH said. I think they would be very careful to source and double source anything before writing about it. They aren't in the business to put out "fake news".
cruzan_flame13 wrote:

Again, I'm not discrediting their authencity. I would just like to other resources. Is that an issue? Is that stating that they are spreading rumors? Even in these forums, people state that they heard this from someone or the other. They get quotes from AD McCaw yes, but what if another article gain more depth of infirmation on the subject? Is it wrong to ask? For heavens sake smh.
Keep in mind that almost nobody cares enough to write about Liberty athletics. You're not going to find too many resources other than ASOR or occasionally the local fish wrap.
Purple Haize wrote:
Maybe he's like Beej. It's only accurate if it's on Twitter. Linear thinking will be your downfall

I don't even use twitter :?
I don't mind the questioning.

Ian's quote on the matter: "I don't believe it (the new locker rooms) will be ready for the start of the season so we've made some alternate arrangements for the visiting teams."
27 reasons why Buckshot should be our starting QB. #14 will shock you!!!!
jcmanson wrote:I don't mind the questioning.

Ian's quote on the matter: "I don't believe it (the new locker rooms) will be ready for the start of the season so we've made some alternate arrangements for the visiting teams."
I beleive that means they have something major planned for that endzone.
jbock13 wrote:27 reasons why Buckshot should be our starting QB. #14 will shock you!!!!
You just broke the internet :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]