If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Ballcoach is a whole other brand of crazy Chris...having been around here Im surprised you haven't noticed
Pot, Kettle. Kettle, Pot. :wink:

Luv ya Beej
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Ballcoach is a whole other brand of crazy Chris...having been around here Im surprised you haven't noticed

Luv ya Beej
I know you do in your own strange way PH...but ballcoach is seriously on a level even I can't touch
By Class of 20Something
BJWilliams wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

Luv ya Beej
I know you do in your own strange way PH...but ballcoach is seriously on a level even I can't touch
So back to NCAA Realignment. What are the chances the P5 crumbles to the idea of compensating players? That would cause a massive divide of who could financially do that.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:IF the P5 separate their football from the NCAA, they will try to compensate players. The institutions will still have to fight the uphill battle of lawsuits from the womenists who think they should get paid for their revenue sucking kickball games.
Do better.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:WHEN the P5 separate their football from the NCAA, they will compensate players. The institutions will still have to fight the uphill battle of lawsuits from the womenists who think they should get paid for their revenue sucking kickball games.
FIFY

With the amount of money they will bring in compensating Women's LAX won't be an issue. It will be couched as the price of doing business
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Sly probably knows more about this situation than the rest of us.

However, here's my pipe dream.

OU and Oklahoma State to the Pac12 (I'm giddy just imagining USC at OU with a 3PM time slot).

Texas then leaves the Big12 to become an independent. This would allow them to schedule freely, which is a huge bonus for entertainment reasons. Additionally, it actually would elevate Liberty's status. No, we wouldn't get a game with Texas. But what it would do is potentially enable thinking from other programs that they don't need to be reliant on conferences for scheduling or bowl games. It would possibly create an influx of new independent programs, but it would at least give the leverage back to the schools individually rather than the conferences. This is always a good thing for fans.

Again, it's a pipe dream but if OU leaves the Big12, there is a slew of possibilities resulting from such a move.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If OU or Texas left, the Big 12 would die within 30 days, (but probably within 24 hours). I would like to see OK State and Baylor join SEC. The rest of them can go wherever.

If Texas went independent, I believe the Longhorns could play Liberty. I believe Alabama has played some BSC team in past couple of years. If a BSC team can play Crimson Tide, then surely LU can play anyone in the nation.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
When WVA joined Big 12, that basically rewrote the rules as to who goes where in conference expansion. Then here comes Syracuse, Pittsburgh and Loueyville to ACC. Thus anything is possible when it comes to expansion.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I think you got your timeline mixed up. Plus BC was in the ACC like 15 years ago.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
All these schools to the ACC makes perfect sense when you consider the desire of ACC to emphasize basketball more than any other league does.

The job they did stealing schools from the Big East right under everyone's noses continues to be my favorite chapter in realignment lore.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:I think you got your timeline mixed up. Plus BC was in the ACC like 15 years ago.
I thought this too, but I looked it up, and West Virginia went to the Big 12 in 2012, ahead of Syracuse, Pitt and UL heading to the ACC. Syracuse, of course, was an ACC target in '05 before Virginia went to bat for Virginia Tech's inclusion. Tech and Miami came to the ACC in '04, BC in '05.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Syracuse, Pittsburgh, BC, Louisville and Notre Dame do not belong in ACC.
Come on now. Boston may be outside the footprint of the "old"ACC, but it IS on the Atlantic coast. 8)
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:
LUconn wrote:I think you got your timeline mixed up. Plus BC was in the ACC like 15 years ago.
I thought this too, but I looked it up, and West Virginia went to the Big 12 in 2012, ahead of Syracuse, Pitt and UL heading to the ACC. Syracuse, of course, was an ACC target in '05 before Virginia went to bat for Virginia Tech's inclusion. Tech and Miami came to the ACC in '04, BC in '05.
WVU joined the Big 12 before Syracuse and Pitt joined the ACC, however Syracuse and Pitt announced in September 2011 they were going to the ACC, ahead of WVU's October 2011 announcement.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:true, but BC is too far north.

As a youngster, I always wondered why Maryland was in ACC, "being so far up north"
Maybe they should have named it the Big South conference.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I don't know all history behind ACC, but I believed it was formed in 1950. I guess all member schools back then, were in states that bordered Atlantic Coast. No one dreamed back then that one day they would add schools from Indiana and Kentucky, and call them ACC schools. Nor could they dreamed that ACC would add Big East schools. Then again no one could have dreamed that one day, college sports would be all about money, instead of playing ball and trying to win championships.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I don't know all history behind ACC, but I believed it was formed in 1950. I guess all member schools back then, were in states that bordered Atlantic Coast. No one dreamed back then that one day they would add schools from Indiana and Kentucky, and call them ACC schools. Nor could they dreamed that ACC would add Big East schools. Then again no one could have dreamed that one day, college sports would be all about money, instead of playing ball and trying to win championships.
It was about money for a long long time
As NCAA stands today, with 6 FBS independents(Listed Below for Convenience), the TV bubble, the growing disparity between the P5+AAC and the rest of the G5 and many schools unable to pay Full Cost of Attendance, what plausible dominos could cause another major shake up?

Army Black Knights
BYU Cougars
Liberty Flames
New Mexico State Aggies
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
UMass Minutemen
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]