This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sparky Shuffler
I and a few other LU students will be making the trip down to Chapel Hill tomorrow. A win at UNC is a tall order, but this game is a great opportunity to bounce back from an ugly weekend. Hoping for a good game!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Congrats on a signature win (which I think the three above are also saying in different words)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
This "signature win" was second page news in the local News and Advance. :banghead They didn't even bother to list that UNC was ranked #3 in the country before we beat them.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote:Our RPI is 63. I wonder what it would be had we not been swept by Winthrop?
maybe 4 spots higher. our projected finishing RPI is 58. If we can bump that up into the 40's and win against south carolina, Virginia and Duke then you MAY(not likely) be able to get an at large if you don't win the tourney.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:
LUGrad2000 wrote:Our RPI is 63. I wonder what it would be had we not been swept by Winthrop?
maybe 4 spots higher. our projected finishing RPI is 58. If we can bump that up into the 40's and win against south carolina, Virginia and Duke then you MAY(not likely) be able to get an at large if you don't win the tourney.

I think we were 55 before Winthrop. Big win makes me want to expect that we'll get the beat down at our next conference series.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Actually we would have been around 50. Maybe even high 40"s. Winthrop shot up like 35 spots for sweeping us. We have played much better on the road so we will probably take 2 of 3 this weekend. To get high enough for an at large we probably have to win 2 of 3 in all the series left and beat uva or usc and beat duke and elon. Maybe slighly less than that but not much.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]