If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I would take that bet all day long. So a 3 year acc player averaging 8.4 pts a game is going to beat out chris clemons?? Unless he transfers which unless i missed it he hasnt so far.

Shayok would be a solid addition and no doubt a top 10 player in the league but hes not a player of year candidate to me . My bigger issue is the 2 years for 1 as ive said before.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:I would take that bet all day long. So a 3 year acc player averaging 8.4 pts a game is going to beat out chris clemons?? Unless he transfers which unless i missed it he hasnt so far.

Shayok would be a solid addition and no doubt a top 10 player in the league but hes not a player of year candidate to me . My bigger issue is the 2 years for 1 as ive said before.
I disagree. Outside of his Big South tournament run, he's been your average chucker. He'll shoot you out of games most of the time. As Haize alluded to no one can match up athletically with Shayok in the Big South. He'll definitely be a POTY candidate. Stats aren't everything. See Jesse when he won his award.

Dawson had a big impact on the program and he was only here for 1.5 years.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Shayok would appear to be a very tough matchup in the BSC, but those things don't always turn out the way you would think they would on the court. There have been some major college transfers who have come to the BSC with a lot of hype and done well, and there are also some who have flopped.

Between what he and 2 of his assistants already know about him and what he can learn about recent developments from a PC to his buddy Tony, Ritchie is in a unique position to make a very well informed decision on this if Marial decides he wants to come to the mountain. Gotta trust him on this one either way.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Marial willbe "taking his talents" to Iowa State.

I had mixed feelings about this one, so I'm not really disappointed. Now let's go get a grad transfer or the next hidden gem like Georgie Pacheco out of HS.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:We are looking at a Milford Academy big right now after we got the news from Shayok.
Sly being Sly :roll:

Can you at least tell us which Milford Academy?
Baltimore?
New York?
Other?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I think Sly may be referring to this guy:

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/pro-wells

He played a year at Milford Academy, but was at St Petersburg HS this year. It appears he reclassified from 16 to 17. Not really a big, but an athletic 6'5" swing, much like Shayok

Correction: On further review, it's pretty clear that he was at St. Pete in 2016 and then prepped a year at Milford. I thought I was pretty good at googling, but unless I am missing something, there is no online roster for Milford Academy.
Last edited by olldflame on April 20th, 2017, 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Wow, Ole Miss likes him, too. :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Wow, Ole Miss likes him, too. :shock:
Yes, we've been crossing paths with the Rebels in basketball recruiting quite a bit lately. First Gielo, who has seemed to imply that if Ole Miss had not offered him he would have stayed at Liberty, then the Escobar kid who transferred OUT of Miss, and chose North Florida over us, and now Wells. Maybe the 3rd time will be the charm.
By cruzan_flame13
If Wells commit to LU and grow with Cuffee,McDowell, Newton and Barber, they will be a deadly force. Not even adding those before them and McGhee who is coming as a 2018 class. Kudos to McKay and the coaching staff. I see a few FGCU moment from a few years ago coming from the Flames in the near future.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
As Rosanne Rosannadana used to say on SNL "never mind"

The reason I couldn't find a Milford basketball roster is they no longer HAVE a basketball TEAM. Wells played TE for their undefeated FOOTBALL team last year and is rated a 4 star by 247, which would make him a HUGE get for Gill.
Last edited by olldflame on April 20th, 2017, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Wells actually signed with Marshall in 2016, but apparently did not qualify, thus the prep year. After watching his basketball highlights, I could get real excited about seeing him at TE.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:Wells actually signed with Marshall in 2016, but apparently did not qualify, thus the prep year. After watching his basketball highlights, I could get real excited about seeing him at TE.
Not qualifying at Marshall takes some doing. Maybe he just scored so high they couldn't count :dontgetit
By Class of 20Something
oldflame wrote:As Rosanne Rosannadana used to say on SNL "never mind"

The reason I couldn't find a Milford basketball roster is they no longer HAVE a basketball TEAM. Wells played TE for their undefeated FOOTBALL team last year and is rated a 4 star by 247, which would make him a HUGE get for Gill.
Not to derail us too much further, but the day we get a 4* out of high school LU will make waves. With BSU the only non-independent G5 to get one this passed class. That's excellent company.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: Not qualifying at Marshall takes some doing. Maybe he just scored so high they couldn't count :dontgetit
:nono :liar :nonono
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Western will probably be the preseason favorite in Conference USA next season. They have a ridiculous recruiting class. Middle and UAB and LA Tech will still be good but watch out for the Hill Toppers!
By R i
Registration Days Posts
So we did not land any of the three UVA transfers. Did someone mention that Reuter landed and George Mason ? Out of the three he was the one I thought we may have landed.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]