This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

ballah09 wrote:
rogers3 wrote:
badger74 wrote: The avg starting salary for a biz prof that pass AACSB muster is around $115K. They pretty much all need to have a PhD from another AACSB school. Basically starting from ground zero.
Nothing but the crickets, now! Sometimes I wonder if some on here really do live in an LU bubble.
:lol:

btw anyone see that Trey is now in a senior leadership role? Maybe it's old news but it's new to me.
Yep. Old news I hope he does a good job.
rogers3 wrote:Nepotism is bad...LU takes it to another level. Why would anyone NOT question the credibility of our leadership? ORU in the making.
Well, LU already has a Son taking over for the Father and a large tower in the middle of campus. ORU had the City of Faith Medical Center and School. LU has the new DO school. At this point, LU is missing a large set of praying hands and ORU is missing an FBS football team.

One of the many problems with nepotism is that people underneath on the 'corporate ladder' know the top rungs are already reserved. So instead of focusing their efforts on making the consumer of that company's product happy they focus on making the person with the right last name happy.
I'm positive that there is a nice section on it in an O and A book around here somewhere......
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:I like where LU is now! :idea:
I'm sure folks like Charles Spence, Neal Askew, Emily Heady, et al do as well. In the excitement of all the sports and campus growth, the employees and the vision of the school are considered relatively worthless (unless you are a person who is happy being a butt-kissing stuffed shirt).

One question- when was it determined that the school is owned by the Falwell family? I've wondered why the board refuses to have input in the leadership of the school. One might argue the ownership aspect, but it is a unique case- a non-profit school that has a board that serves at the request of a President and has no input or power to control the direction of the institution. I'm surprised that there is so little governance or input by outside organizations; the school has been built on student debt backed by the government, but is essentially a family business. I wonder if I can turn my business into some kind of non-profit...
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Maybe when the time comes for a new president Liberty will go outside the bubble. I just hope they never get into a Richard Roberts situation. As it showed with ORU, a university shouldn't be a family matter. Unless they have the credentials.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:Maybe when the time comes for a new president Liberty will go outside the bubble. I just hope they never get into a Richard Roberts situation. As it showed with ORU, a university shouldn't be a family matter. Unless they have the credentials.
Look whose got jokes :mrgreen:
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballah09 wrote:Yup

http://www.liberty.edu/aboutliberty/index.cfm?PID=6911

VP of operations. From a frozen yogurt shop owner to holding a senior leadership position. I Guess he's preparing him to be the next president. :dontgetit
My wife works in a department under his sphere of influence. They aren't running her department into the ground. Morale is high. He isn't micromanaging. He might not have the right experience but he's doing a much better job than the leadership at LUO. The departments he's over are known by LU employees has the havens.
Sounds like we ought to give him a chance instead of dismissing him just because his last name is Falwell...he doesn't seem to be cut from the same cloth as Jr even as his son.
Was just looking at this image and noticed something small that makes a huge difference. There is an off ramp from 29N/460E straight into the middle of East Campus. With the idea of two parking garages on East, this could ease some of the pregame traffic. It also has a better angle of our mystery tower by Demoss and Vines.

https://www.vmdo.com/img/project-featur ... an_1_A.JPG
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
rhezick wrote:Interesting. Looks like it's just a smidge bigger than demoss. Maybe more of a large monument/memorial rather than an actual tower?
My guess...

1. Monument to Trump
2. Monument to Jr.
rogers3 wrote:
rhezick wrote:Interesting. Looks like it's just a smidge bigger than demoss. Maybe more of a large monument/memorial rather than an actual tower?
My guess...

1. Monument to Trump
2. Monument to Jr.
Why not both? Maybe toss Godwin in there
I built some hydraulic hoses for the drill that did Core Samples at the south end of the stadium this week. Might be an indication that the shoe is first on the list for the expansion. With the Visitors Locker room gone, how would ASOR like them to execute it?

A friend and I discussed and he had the idea of putting the locker room where it was, wrapping the stadium to the sides of it and having the front row of the horse shoe on top of the locker room. In addition to the heckling advantage, it would be hard to have a bad seat from the endzone.
I would imagine core samples are required now before they build the new locker room as future shoe expansion, whether near or distant future, will be built over the locker rooms. Don't think it necessarily indicates the shoe is first on the list.
Purple Haize wrote:I like the open end zone. But that's just me
I can see why you'd like the open end zone but I also see some benefits of having it closed. It's kind of like if a person wants to see what's going on during game day at the bill, they'll have to come in to see the action. Also, someone mentioned the idea of a second scoreboard in the south end zone. If they're going to build levels on the horseshoe during separate seasons, then that may take awhile to appear at the stadium. In the end I'm cool with anything and what's most important is a fantastic game experience at the bill.
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
I can see why you'd like the open end zone but I also see some benefits of having it closed. It's kind of like if a person wants to see what's going on during game day at the bill, they'll have to come in to see the action. Also, someone mentioned the idea of a second scoreboard in the south end zone. If they're going to build levels on the horseshoe during separate seasons, then that may take awhile to appear at the stadium. In the end I'm cool with anything and what's most important is a fantastic game experience at the bill.
Anything that keeps it loud. I have heard from some athletic personnel that The Bill is actually loud of field. I have also heard that crowd noise at Lane was underwhelming. I hope an acoustic study is done to ensure The Bill stays a true home field advantage. We are going to need everything we can get in the next few years.
Class of 20Something wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Anything that keeps it loud. I have heard from some athletic personnel that The Bill is actually loud of field. I have also heard that crowd noise at Lane was underwhelming. I hope an acoustic study is done to ensure The Bill stays a true home field advantage. We are going to need everything we can get in the next few years.
It's pretty loud on the field that's for sure. Surprisingly so. I like the aesthetics of keeping the South End Zone open. Have some nice landscaping or an area like they have at UVA would be nice. Bury the visitors locker room in the bank and life would be good
LU is preparing to have an OUTDOOR Convocation service on Friday. Right now, the new lawn is filled with thousands of folding chairs, and the stage will be the new Montview addition on the back of DeMoss. :shock:
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]