If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Glad this thread is history, at least as it pertains to our move up!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wi ... 63693.html
Along with VCU and Dayton...didn't the AAC learn the first time around that this arrangement doesn't work long term? Why not Wichita State to the A10, or those three schools to the Big East? I really don't see how AAC membership benefits them without football...
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
In spite of what the article indicated, football is not a dead issue for the Shockers. They could be considering AAC membership as a way to leverage football up that level immediately.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:In spite of what the article indicated, football is not a dead issue for the Shockers. They could be considering AAC membership as a way to leverage football up that level immediately.
Well if they want to bring back football, then the AAC makes more sense for Wichita State.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I do agree that without football the AAC is not a particularly enticing possibility. The Big East would be a better fit even though they would be somewhat of an outlier as a state school in Midle America. Of course the watered down Mo Valley is still adeqaute for them to be a player on the national stage. I wouldn't be shocked to see Dayton invited into the Big East at some point.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I do agree that without football the AAC is not a particularly enticing possibility. The Big East would be a better fit even though they would be somewhat of an outlier as a state school in Midle America. Of course the watered down Mo Valley is still adeqaute for them to be a player on the national stage. I wouldn't be shocked to see Dayton invited into the Big East at some point.
Maybe the Shockers go to the A-10 if Dayton leaves for the Big East? They'd be a good travel partner for St. Louis.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Non football schools mess up conferences they are in.....most of the time. If a conference has football, every member should be required to play. Put non football schools in their own conference.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Non football schools mess up conferences they are in.....most of the time. If a conference has football, every member should be required to play. Put non football schools in their own conference.
So, where should Liberty go since they'll be non-Football in the Big South?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Non football schools mess up conferences they are in.....most of the time. If a conference has football, every member should be required to play. Put non football schools in their own conference.
So, where should Liberty go since they'll be non-Football in the Big South?
Independent? :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:But we do still have football.
But LU is not in the Big South any longer. So it is basically Longwood
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:But we do still have football.
But, for the conference, it's the same thing as not fielding a team.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]