This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Oh by the way, despite the excitement in the football thread there is a game today. I am excited to see how the team performs with the new coach. It would be nice to start off with a win against the hoos.
By LUDad
Certainly changes the dynamics of the game by having DeGrout in the bullpen. A few days ago I was certain that he would start as our ace. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. Do what it takes to get to the 7th, 8th or 9th inning with a lead and then bring in a shutdown pitcher. We lost a lot of games last year in the late innings.
By LUDad
jinxy wrote:Grabowski battered for 9 runs 7 earned. Color me shocked.
I would not be surprised if the pitching was stacked so as to give Liberty the best opportunity to leave this weekend with two wins. It's what I would have done.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
We'll know more about this at the end of the day! But I agree. Grabowski and Evans have been batting practice pitchers forethe opponents in the past. Though I did watch a scrimmage and Evans was actually throwing strikes and had good velocity on the fastball.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Yep. Kansas is a weak squad and the citadel is a slighlty better program. 2 and 1 would be the expected outcome this weekend.

Anybody hearing anything on the severity of yacyks shoulder or who we might be looking at for mid week starts. I would think mitchell or clouse but ive been totally wrong on the pitching staff so far.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]