This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Oh by the way, despite the excitement in the football thread there is a game today. I am excited to see how the team performs with the new coach. It would be nice to start off with a win against the hoos.
By LUDad
Certainly changes the dynamics of the game by having DeGrout in the bullpen. A few days ago I was certain that he would start as our ace. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. Do what it takes to get to the 7th, 8th or 9th inning with a lead and then bring in a shutdown pitcher. We lost a lot of games last year in the late innings.
By LUDad
jinxy wrote:Grabowski battered for 9 runs 7 earned. Color me shocked.
I would not be surprised if the pitching was stacked so as to give Liberty the best opportunity to leave this weekend with two wins. It's what I would have done.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
We'll know more about this at the end of the day! But I agree. Grabowski and Evans have been batting practice pitchers forethe opponents in the past. Though I did watch a scrimmage and Evans was actually throwing strikes and had good velocity on the fastball.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Yep. Kansas is a weak squad and the citadel is a slighlty better program. 2 and 1 would be the expected outcome this weekend.

Anybody hearing anything on the severity of yacyks shoulder or who we might be looking at for mid week starts. I would think mitchell or clouse but ive been totally wrong on the pitching staff so far.
Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]