This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cannot believe we've gotten this far into the year without this thread. Anyway, lets apply this retroactively back to January 1 - and go...
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Why is Matt Damon doing the white savior of China who saves the country from an army of large reptiles with a bow and arrow? Why do this?

Not that I would call him an A+ actor, but sheesh.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Saw Fences a few weeks ago...amazing film...If not for Ryan Gosling I'd think he'd be a favorite for best actor
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Saw Fences a few weeks ago...amazing film...If not for Ryan Gosling I'd think he'd be a favorite for best actor
I'm sorry. Are you putting Ryan Gosling over Denzel :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:I'm sorry. Are you putting Ryan Gosling over Denzel :dontgetit
Are we talking Remember the Titans or the Oscars? :lol:
Ryan Gosling can't hold a candle Danzel. In anything
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I agree with you PH...but with everyone falling over themselves for La La Land this year, you have to the loverboy from the Notebook (and yes from Remember the Titans alongside Denzel) is the favorite to get the Oscar for Leading Actor
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Even a bad Denzel performance is better than 85% of most actors good performances
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Even a bad Denzel performance is better than 85% of most actors good performances
I don't disagree PH...heck Denzel is one of my all time favorite actors...im just saying that Gosling is gonna be viewed as the favorite because everyone is fawning over La La Land.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Based on the odds I've seen, Casey Affleck is the favorite with Denzel second. I'm good with Affleck winning. We loved Manchester By The Sea.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Definitely looking forward to Dunkirk, Darkest Hour, and Star Wars of course.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Jon Wick 2 is my first must see!
Yup
It was absolutely incredible !!! Even a little nod to The Matrix
I also enjoyed the Alice In Chains soundtrack
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]