Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
just below the monogram
Liberty University News Service wrote:Plans revealed for new indoor track facility
August 7, 2015

Liberty University will be adding a new, state-of-the-art indoor track and field facility for its NCAA Division I program, one that will rival any indoor track in the mid-Atlantic region. Work is scheduled to begin this fall, and it is expected to open in Fall 2016.

“We are very blessed to be able to add this beautiful indoor track facility to our campus,” said Jeff Barber, director of athletics. “It will be one of the best indoor tracks in the country, and we believe it will prove to be a huge benefit to our already highly successful track program.”

The new 130,000-square-foot facility will be located below the LU monogram on Liberty Mountain, off of Candlers Mountain Road. It will feature a hydraulically banked (curves can be raised or lowered for different events) 200-meter track, accommodations for field events, locker rooms, weight and training rooms, coaches’ offices, concessions, and seating for 1,500 spectators.

The new facility will replace the team’s current facility, the Tolsma Indoor Track Center located in Marie F. Green Hall.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
somewhere @JakeShell is banging his head, but pretty hard to argue Tolsma and co. don't deserve this

awesome
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I guess you beat me to the punch... I linked to this in the building project meta-thread.

I know that the plan has been to turn the indoor track area into an outdoors "green" area (make green hall more "green" lol). I wonder if that timeline is accelerated now.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
That section of campus will be a mess for a while if they do layhaye, the indoor track, the natatorium and green hall in sucession.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
This is going to be amazing! It is hard to understate what this will do for the program.
Honestly, with something like this, we could conceivably host professional track meets.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Big front page article in the local paper about LU hosting its first track meet today in our new indoor facility. The bad news is the online version of the News & Advance hasn't been updated yet. But here is the LU article about it from yesterday, with a pic of the new facility.

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 62&TeamID=
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
facility isn't even finished yet (no live score board and live video board, etc.) and everyone is raving about the facility at the VAshowcase and a lot are saying its the best facility in the nation. A lot of the best track stars in the nation are here too. A few national records were already broken.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
That whole facility is amazing
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Sadly, I couldn't make it up there for the first meet, but I've been in communication with several of the coaches who are there and they have been absolutely blown away by the place. The building itself is great, but the even better draw is the extremely fast track.
I'm pretty sure most people can't appreciate the level this facility is on. Once completed, it will be the track equivalent of a Neyland Stadium, Michigan Stadium, Bryant-Denny Stadium...you get the picture... on campus.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
One of our players qualified for State in the Triple Jump!
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:One of our players qualified for State in the Triple Jump!
Players? You must be thinking of one of those sports where all they do is play with balls. In track, we're athletes. :lol:

Congrats to your athlete!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
01LUGrad wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:One of our players qualified for State in the Triple Jump!
Players? You must be thinking of one of those sports where all they do is play with balls. In track, we're athletes. :lol:

Congrats to your athlete!
Track is easy. She played a game last night, qualified today. She's one of my players. And a really good athlete
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]