Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

What should be Liberty's next Division I sport?

Women's Golf
26%
Women's Beach Volleyball
3%
Ice hockey (men's or women's)
32%
Men's Swimming
3%
Men's Lacrosse
19%
Rifle
3%
Triathlon
3%
Other (please reply)
10%
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Liberty has not added a new sport since the addition of women's lacrosse (09), women's swimming (10) and women's field hockey (11) and the discontinuation of wrestling (again). Since our school has grown since that time, and continues to grow, what should be the next sport added when the athletics department goes into expansion mode again.
If Rifle is chosen, look for ole BJ to enroll back at LU, and this sport will take him to the Olympics. :clapping
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:If Rifle is chosen, look for ole BJ to enroll back at LU, and this sport will take him to the Olympics. :clapping
I thought he'd be applying for the head coaching position.
ATrain wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:If Rifle is chosen, look for ole BJ to enroll back at LU, and this sport will take him to the Olympics. :clapping
That's after BJ wins the GOLD medal.
Cider Jim wrote:
ATrain wrote:
That's after BJ wins the GOLD medal.
Worked for Dot 8)
Thanks for the kind words re: rifle guys...I haven't touched one in about...goodness...15 years, so I would certainly be out of practice even if I seriously wanted to try it
Rugby! All these schools have team: VMI, Radford, VA Tech. UVA, Washington and Lee, etc.

Rugby is the third largest TV event in the world (behind the Olympics and the Soccer World Cup.

Rugby is now in the Olympics too.
There's rugby sevens (which they play in the Olympics) and then rugby union. Would be awesome to have the ability to field both of those
Purple Haize wrote:
olldflame wrote:
phoenix wrote:Do we have a bass fishing team yet?
Pretty sure we have a club team I don't believe the NCAA sponsors fishing
Under Armour Does

http://www.espn.com/outdoors/tournament ... id=3072091
You realize that was 2007, right? Cabela's is the current sponsor. Here are the 2016 standings. FWIW, LU is 128th. :gonefishin
http://www.collegiatebasschampionship.c ... -30-16.pdf
As for what sport is added next, I guess we should just ask JLFJR. No one else's opinion matters, right?
The real poll should be: What is JR's favorite sport not currently sponsored at LU?
I'll start - "King of the Mountain"
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]