This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You just can't admit when youre wrong can you...even when it smacks you upside the face with a 34 ounce Louisville Slugger?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:You just can't admit when youre wrong can you...even when it smacks you upside the face with a 34 ounce Louisville Slugger?
Again with the homophobic slurs :shock:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:It's purely an opinion beej. I think it's petty and you disagree. There is no right or wrong here.
Man, did you just set yourself up for a personal attack or prejudicial slur! :shock: 8)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:I pretty much stop caring about a thread once I see paragraphs from Beej.
You're on the list now....3 times
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
thesportscritic wrote:
SuperJon wrote:I pretty much stop caring about a thread once I see paragraphs from Beej.

same here and I laugh and shake my head.
you're on his list now too...tread lightly! 8)
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw has it here.

if you copyright something you are forced to enforce to prove ownership. univ of wisc had to do it to waukee schools in ia.

it seems really douchey but you have to.

hopefully no other schools try and copy our stuck in the 90's/early 00's tribal eagle tattoo logo.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I hope Arizona feels better about themselves. Although this suit is brought by the Collegiate Liscensing Corporation. They have nothing better to do. At least we had the cajones to make our own bad decision :D
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I mean I can totally see where someone could get confused between the University of Arizona and Appomattox High School.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Its Appomattox County High School. You'll be hearing from their lawyers and PR people shortly since it'll be cheaper to fight you in court than the University of Arizona.
By VarsityLu
Recently I've been seeing Lamar University using an LU logo in red. I came across their athletic brand guide dated 2018:

https://www.lamar.edu/_files/documents/ ... Manual.pdf

I know we had a thing with Lipscomb using the LU logo several years ago and Liberty prevailed due to owning the trademark to LU. Can someone explain how Lamar is able to use LU at this point? Lamar's logo looks more like Liberty's than Lipscomb's did. I guess I feel like if we are going to defend the trademark that we should be consistent. Thoughts?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach needs to tell his sources about this! :fineprint :nono
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach needs to tell his sources about this! :fineprint :nono
Let me look into it.

I never understood the Appomattox vs Arizona deal. Anyone who gets those two confused, isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
It has nothing to do with knowing the difference between Appomattox and Arizona. If you have a trademark, you are required to defend it or you risk losing it.
By VarsityLu
SumItUp wrote:It has nothing to do with knowing the difference between Appomattox and Arizona. If you have a trademark, you are required to defend it or you risk losing it.
Exactly. That's why the Lipscomb incident happened. It has everything to do with keeping the trademark. Why are we not going after Lamar for this?
By cruzan_flame13
Usually when I saw anything representing Lamar, I used to see Lamar in fine print with the logo above it. Liberty better look into it before this school sneaks up and steal it lol.
By VarsityLu
Here is ESPNs page. They certainly think the LU is Lamar's primary logo:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... -cardinals

Foxsports page has the same:

https://www.foxsports.com/college-footb ... inals-team

Both are using the LU for their score ticker as is Google. I only noticed this because I kept seeing scores scroll across the screen for LU games and I was like "I didn't know we played Houston Baptist!" Then I realized it was Lamar.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]