Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
#302683
I don't know if anyone saw this yet but was E-Mailed to me from Bob Good as a result of me being in the Flames Club:

https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#in ... 60a5ae1022

I am not real good with links, trying a hyperlink but not working, oh well! Not sure if this link will work or not but it is in PDF format.

Anyway this is information about the 5 story building under construction now at Williams Stadium and some of the information is new (at least it is to me). It is very impressive to say the least. I am curious to know how this compares with some of the other fine 1AA stadiums around the country particular to what Montana, App State, the new JMU stadium, GA Southern, and YSU have on campus? Based on what I see I would think that it would be up there but not really sure.
User avatar
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
#302749
jcmanson wrote:Would be nice if I could get the audio interviews w/ Barber to play more than just the first 4 or 5 seconds.
The audio clips have been doing that all year. I have contacted Athletics but they have yet to fix it.
User avatar
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
#302752
flamerbob wrote:
jcmanson wrote:Would be nice if I could get the audio interviews w/ Barber to play more than just the first 4 or 5 seconds.
The audio clips have been doing that all year. I have contacted Athletics but they have yet to fix it.
I've done the same.
User avatar
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
#302826
Hoping someone can help me out with this... if you look at the 30 minute picture thing of the construction going on, you can see a large side of dirt next to the seating at Osborne. What are they going to do with that large space of dirt? I doubt more seating, but is it possible? Grass?
User avatar
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
#303076
I may be in the minority on this: but looking at these photos makes me really not give a rip about the mess in the Vines. Sorry WU/RU et al, but I don't know how you get throught the fall without this on Saturdays:

Image

maybe because you don't have 15,000+ of these:

Image
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
#303078
PAmedic wrote:no updated photos on the main site, but thanks to JB for these:
The entire Media Relations department has been out of town the past few days with all of our teams being on the road this week. We're hoping to do a video walk through soon but we just have to actually be on campus.
User avatar
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
#303083
I still give a rip about the mess in the Vines. As long as it has the words "Liberty University" on it, I care. Now, this does make that mess in the Vines more bearable :D
User avatar
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
#303090
What's the "mess in the Vines"?
User avatar
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
#303109
BuryYourDuke wrote:I could be wrong but I believe the mess in the vines is referring to our ridiculously young and unexperiencedmen's basketball program that finished right around .500 this season, as was expected.
User avatar
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
#303119
and now back to the intended topic of this discussion...the football stadium...its nice to see the first sections of eventual stands going up. I can look out my window and see the work going on from my room
#303122
LUnpretty11 wrote:
BuryYourDuke wrote:I could be wrong but I believe the mess in the vines is referring to our ridiculously young and unexperiencedmen's basketball program that finished right around .500 this season, as was expected.
Hijacker

12-16. Inexperienced.
User avatar
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
#303124
BuryYourDuke wrote:That's awesome BJ. I wish I got to see the progress in person on a daily basis. I'm so excited.

Oh yeah...its amazing to see the whole thing slowly taking shape day by day...im really looking forward to following the work as we go into the summer
User avatar
By LUaddict
Registration Days Posts
#303139
As I was looking at the Artist rendition of the completed stadium I can't help to feel that this stadium kind of looks like a mixture between Carter-Finley at NC State and Sam Boyd Of UNLV. Just a thought. :dontgetit
User avatar
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
#303441
looking thru JB pics: love it, love it, love it...

RUH -ROH: WHAT THE ???? I don't think watering that is gonna help...
Image
  • 1
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 52
LU v. Delaware

Two nice games under our belts. I was impressed wi[…]

LU v. Ball State Thread

All the wannabe coaches, experts, and keyboard coo[…]

5 for 5 rule Meeting

Nobody likes you. Nobody thinks you are funny. G[…]

Hope everything goes well for Coach Freeze. I'm […]