If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

User avatar
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
#248529
Maybe we can hire Marshall. There is no chance of him leaving to go to another program based on his "success" at WS. He has proven he can win the BS anyway. :lol:
User avatar
By FlameOn
Registration Days Posts
#248531
I hear Isiah Thomas is looking for a job. :wink:
User avatar
By "R" i "
Registration Days Posts
#248532
McKay,

If you take the time to continue reading this board, to see how we all reacted then this is for you:

I am shocked. You must be pretty tight with Bennet, I do not see any other reason to pick up your family and leave. An assistant at school where you are consistently going to get run into the ground and only have 3 years to prove yourself, with players that arent that good.(thanks Dave L.) You will be looking for a new home in about 4 years. I hope you enjoy getting your lunch eaten by the other Greenburg. UVA will use you and loose you, so please get back on this board and let us know how you liked it.

P.S. Your "only seth, kyle and anthony can shoot in the first 20 seconds of the shot clock" SUCKED. There are five guys on the Team not 3.
User avatar
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
#248533
Well, so far every coach that has left, or been asked to leave has been replaced with someone who was a step up. Hopefully if RMK is actually leaving, that will be the case as well. Won't be easy though.
User avatar
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
#248534
Hey, it could be worse, he could be leaving for another BS school. Talk about a step down. :D
By treyjman24
Registration Days Posts
#248535
Maybe this is going to turn out to be a christmas present...
User avatar
By "R" i "
Registration Days Posts
#248539
Christmas Present?

This only reminds me of the Framed picture of two ugly Angels I got from my great Aunt when I was 13.
(and she was normally good for a sweet gift)
User avatar
By flamesbball84
Registration Days Posts
#248541
FlameOn wrote:How about Billy Gillispie? lol
To make it simple, BG would be an even worse fit at LU than he was at UK. Heck, BG is even a bad fit for the city of Lynchburg, much less LU. lol
User avatar
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
#248543
Hey guys, I have watched and played basketball since I was 4. I am a Liberty alum. I will NEVER leave Liberty for greener pastures. Hire me. :D
User avatar
By Rooster Cogburn
Registration Days Posts
#248544
jcmanson wrote:Hey guys, I have watched and played basketball since I was 4. I am a Liberty alum. I will NEVER leave Liberty for greener pastures. Hire me. :D
HIRED
User avatar
By Mo
Registration Days Posts
#248545
Rooster Cogburn wrote:Bobby Knight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, there's someone who digs the F-bomb.


:nod
By sweetnahmah1
Registration Days Posts
#248546
Rooster Cogburn wrote:
jcmanson wrote:Hey guys, I have watched and played basketball since I was 4. I am a Liberty alum. I will NEVER leave Liberty for greener pastures. Hire me. :D
HIRED

good to know you're more loyal than ED
By lueer
Registration Days Posts
#248547
I was upset at Seth leaving, but to me this is a totally new level of betrayal. Now if UVa had offered the head coaching job, I would probably have understood. I would have thought that RM should probably not have been so blunt about God "calling him here" if he was going to jump at the next offer, but I would have understood. But to leave as head coach to be an assistant? I don't care where. To leave this job for a gig as an assistant shows he was not committed, did not intend to stay here, and was looking for somewhere to jump.

Now, is this the end of LU basketball? No. But anything that had been built up in the past few years is down the drain. We will lose all the recruits who aren't signed and will have to start from square 1. The thing that is depressing is that to hear Mckay talk, you would think that this was a guy who was in it for the long hall. Well, I guess I learned my lesson not to take anyone at their word.
User avatar
By flamesbball84
Registration Days Posts
#248548
lueer wrote:I was upset at Seth leaving, but to me this is a totally new level of betrayal. Now if UVa had offered the head coaching job, I would probably have understood. I would have thought that RM should probably not have been so blunt about God "calling him here" if he was going to jump at the next offer, but I would have understood. But to leave as head coach to be an assistant? I don't care where. To leave this job for a gig as an assistant shows he was not committed, did not intend to stay here, and was looking for somewhere to jump.

Now, is this the end of LU basketball? No. But anything that had been built up in the past few years is down the drain. We will lose all the recruits who aren't signed and will have to start from square 1. The thing that is depressing is that to hear Mckay talk, you would think that this was a guy who was in it for the long hall. Well, I guess I learned my lesson not to take anyone at their word.
You really can't take any coach for his word. Example: Nick Saban, Billy Donovan, etc. Only coaches I would trust are the ones that have a very long established lagacy at a school, like Bobby Knight at IU, Coach K at Duke, Paterno at Penn State, Boeheim at Syracuse...
Last edited by flamesbball84 on April 1st, 2009, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
#248550
Maybe we can get the Sanders' dad to coach. He is the coach of the Home school national champions.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
#248551
....................
User avatar
By bozlady
Registration Days Posts
#248552
Do any of our alumni coach basketball?? Matt Hildebrand? I know he loves and is committed to Liberty - great guy too from what I hear.
User avatar
By flamesbball84
Registration Days Posts
#248553
associate head coach at an acc school? Not a bad gig, sits himself up for a head job at a BCS school in the near future...
User avatar
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
#248554
Not sure if flame fans site keeps all my posts, but tonight i am going to see if i can find what i wrote when rmk was hired 2 years ago. I hope no one gets this the wrong way, but all posters should be treated some level of respect. Whether someone post 6000 times or 1 time, it is to be taken as it is; a thought or maybe a fact. I heard about rmk yesterday morning but i did not want to be run off the board, so i waited 4 someone else to do it. I feelbad for the fans, but i knew mckay was a snake and told u what u wanted to hear all along. May the next coach bring some integrity when he shows up on campus.
User avatar
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
#248557
The level of delusion and hysteria is a little too high around here right now. I'll check back later when you've all taken your Ritalin.
User avatar
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
#248558
I don't know if I can trust the next coach unless it's Jerry Jr.
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 28
LU v. Delaware

Two nice games under our belts. I was impressed wi[…]

LU v. Ball State Thread

All the wannabe coaches, experts, and keyboard coo[…]

5 for 5 rule Meeting

Nobody likes you. Nobody thinks you are funny. G[…]

Hope everything goes well for Coach Freeze. I'm […]