LU is home of plenty of quality Club Athletics. From Hockey to Men's Lacrosse and more! Bring all the conversation for those clubs here!

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Logan Wise is a freshman Honors Program student on the team, and according to his excuse, the tournament is actually in Rock Hill, SC.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: March 31st, 2021, 10:01 pm Logan Wise is a freshman Honors Program student on the team, and according to his excuse, the tournament is actually in Rock Hill, SC.
From the Story Phoenix linked:
Liberty has a week to prepare for the College Disc Golf National Championships, set for April 7-10 at the North Cove Disc Golf and Social Club in Marion, N.C. That newly converted golf course, featuring rolling hills, open and wooded fairways, and stonework and creek crossings, will also host a Professional Disc Golf Association event later in April.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: March 31st, 2021, 10:01 pm Logan Wise is a freshman Honors Program student on the team, and according to his excuse, the tournament is actually in Rock Hill, SC.
It normally is - they've been playing it at Winthrop on the same layout they use for the USDGC. They moved it this year for some reason.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Just started playing and I love it. This morning my buddy and I had the honor of Paul McBeth and Simon Lizotte letting us play through at Falling Creek. Hannah M was filming them doing some kind of challenge where they were dictating what shot the other had to take off the tee. We watched a couple drives they took on one hole. :popcorn :jawdropper
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
That was one of the coolest disc golf videos I've seen. Simon is still only throwing at about 50%. He is recovering from elbow surgery.
Paul is doing a clinic there this Saturday along with Nate Sexton. I'm going but the weather is not looking too good.

PS - My buddy and I actually make a cameo appearance in the video around the 16 minute mark. Fortunately you can't see any of my shots. :lol:
phoenix liked this
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Simon at 50% is still a LOT better than me at 100% lol. I'd like to be able to hit HALF the lines he does.

FINAL RESULTS
Championship division: Stephen Curry in 9th at -10, Isaac Frazier in 19th at -8, tied with teammate Spencer Ellingson among others, and Justin Rosak in 31st at -3. Liberty ended up in 6th (Curry and Rosak) and 11th (Ellingson and Frazier).
There was a great video featuring Isaac Frazier that Innova Discs filmed and posted on their YouTube page:

First Flight division: James DeFriese finished third at -7, only 3 shots off the leader. Matthew Alexander was 2 behind him in 5th place. The team ended up in 2nd place, 2 behind Cincinnati.

Second Flight division: (This is where we have a LOT of people) Cameron Guidry won with a -7. Logan Wise was tied for 7th at -2, Axel Routh finished 10th at -1, Noah Bailey (+1) finished 14th, Carson Cole (+3) and Andrew Sherwood (+3) tied for 19th, Daniel Waid (+4) finished in 25th, Clay Moore and Luke Wilburn tied for 36th at +6, Parker Freeman (+7) finished in 41st, and Hunter Ayers and Evan Olivo tied for 58th at +13.

Hannah Miller finished 7th in the Women's division at +21, and also finished 7th in the team competition.

I suspect the change in venue messed with the golfers a bit, though I'm not sure how far before the event the change was made. It definitely looks like Liberty has some depth in disc golf on the men's side. There are more women on the LU disc golf team - there were 4 who competed at NC State this year, so I'm not sure why there was only one.
flamehunter liked this
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
ok - I just noticed that I posted this in the wrong thread. Can a mod move this to the 2021 National Championships thread please?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]