By far the most popular Club Sports on Campus making them well deserving of their own home. Bring your Hockey Club discussion here. All D1, D2 and D3 Men's and Women's team will find a home here.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
My wife graduated from Oakland, and we like to go to the games when they play. It's the only time she doesn't root for the Flames. I see that the team will be traveling up to MI to take on the Golden Grizzlies next week. Anyone know of a way to watch (or listen) to the game?

#WizzOnTheGrizz (Hey, it was all I could think up on the spur of the moment).
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
umm we don't care about wins around here, what are you doing??

Seriously though seems like the team is putting together a solid year. I need to get down there for a game. I need a weekend Lynchburg trip..hmmm, good idea
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
The next game is in a couple of weeks against VT here in the burg. I don't know if I will be there or not... It depends upon what happens with BAMA next Saturday. :football

The team is really good and fun to watch. You should come down.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
19-3 on the year right now. Boys are playing solid hockey. Definitely have the chance to go far in the rest of the season.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Agreed on the balance BYD...looking at the stats, we have had 20 different guys score this year and 4 players with at least 10 goals. Last year it pretty much was Rick Turner doing about 90% of the work,
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I know this thread was about playing at Oakland, but went to the game last night and absolutely loved it. Going to have to start coming to more of them. You can only watch so much hockey on TV before you want to see the real thing!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The funny thing is that back in Old Hag day, we had to go to Roanoke or Salem to watch games. You are headed the other way.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:The funny thing is that back in Old Hag day, we had to go to Roanoke or Salem to watch games. You are headed the other way.
My freshman year we would go to Roanoke to watch games. man that was fun. Red Robin for lunch, hang around the mall(which was the closest mall to the burg that was any good) then go to the game. some of you old guys might even recognize old school sparky haha here's a pic of me and some friends at the ice center in the noke.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: You can only watch so much hockey on TV before you want to see the real thing!
It's sad that we couldn't make it either night this time... ugh. we did watch on the internet broadcast.

The broadcasts are getting better and better... it would be nice to hear how much time is on the clock (if we aren't able to get the clock on screen).
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
man such great memories going to those games...my favorite was getting back late and being questions very seriously by LUPD at the guard shack that is of course no longer there on campus.

Ahhhh, good times
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]