By far the most popular Club Sports on Campus making them well deserving of their own home. Bring your Hockey Club discussion here. All D1, D2 and D3 Men's and Women's team will find a home here.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

BuryYourDuke wrote:I really don't have to, because I've seen first hand how little he knows about the game. I imagine if you got a girl on the team in a candid moment she would tell you the same.

Not to mention the fact that he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near any of our athletes after what happened when he was the men's "coach".

I won't back down on this, and I've said most of this stuff to his face.
:popcorn :typing
Postman is right. We have a very talented group of ladies this year, and they are showing it on the ice where it matters. Using what should be a very notable achievement for the women's hockey program to air dirty laundry that isnt even the business of pretty much everyone on this board is shameful at best
BJWilliams wrote:Postman is right. We have a very talented group of ladies this year, and they are showing it on the ice where it matters. Using what should be a very notable achievement for the women's hockey program to air dirty laundry that isnt even the business of pretty much everyone on this board is shameful at best
I disagree. This would be the only time people pay attention to Women's Hockey!
Well maybe you can send an email to Coach Handy since he kinda is the head honcho guy over club sports and I guessing had something to do with Coach Bloomfield being brought in (course you dont like him because he played dirty so I doubt that happens). My point is, regardless of what happened IN THE PAST (which is something that became very much an issue in another section of the board, dredging up the past and all), the team THIS year with Bloomfield as the head coach, is doing very well and you ought to be lauding them for their success to this point, instead of trying to downgrade it because you hate their coach for something that happened when you played for him. My only beef I had with him is it was a challenge getting scoring breakdowns the first few games, so I had to do quite a bit of digging through the ACHA site, but otherwise, I liked Coach Bloomfield very much even back to when I was working on my first women's hockey story this past summer for the news office.
He can only be so horrible if they are 14-1 including a split with the #2 team (at the time) in the country...and I guess all the praise should go to the assistant coach Mr Forth.

This isnt meant as a slight on you in my asking this BYD but have you considered coaching hockey, at the ACHA level or other collegiate level? I mean you played the game yourself so obviously you know a thing or two about the game and could transmit that to players in a reasonably understandable way.

I commented on you not liking him because, as is the case with internet forums, you cant read any underlying emotional context behind anything that people post. Its nice to know that you two like each other now that you explained it. Coach Handy was probably my favorite coach to talk to when I wrote for club sports until October.
All I will say is that i did my Christian service with womens hockey when i was at LU since I was friends with a lot of the players,(score table/penalty box) I know that most of the "coaching" wasn't done by Paul and that his son whom is a friend of mine and former player helped a lot. The girls didn't seem to be too fond of paul but loved scott. I won't speak on pauls time with the mens team because I have no clue what went on there and frankly don't care as he is no longer the mens coach. Hockey is a different animal and because of that it is handled very differently from the other sports at LU. keep that in mind. on a side note I had no run ins with either coach that were anything less than pleasant. I'm sure others like BYD have had less than stellar reviews of the coaching staff. but from my experience it was nothing but good.
Liberty gets off to a hot start for 2013 as they have won their last three games, notching their fifth straight shutout and sixth in seven games with a 3-0 win over #3 Robert Morris (IL) last night. Liberty has outscored their opponents 32-4 and allowed more than 3 goals in 4 games on the season
The Lady Flames picked up two more wins this past weekend defeating the Tri City Selects in Raleigh NC 3-0 and 7-0. Liberty is 26-2 on the season heading into the final doubleheader of the regular season against NCAA Division III hockey program this Saturday and Sunday. The final ACHA ranking for the season (which sets the field for nationals) will be released next Friday or Saturday
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]