By far the most popular Club Sports on Campus making them well deserving of their own home. Bring your Hockey Club discussion here. All D1, D2 and D3 Men's and Women's team will find a home here.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By redhot
Registration Days Posts
I know its early but unless the boys pick it up they are in very real danger of not making it to the nationals this year. I am kind of surprised that we are ranked as high as we are (11th) with only one win out of the eight we have against a top 25 team (Ohio). With a lot more of our remaining games on the road and against better teams (ranked) it is going to be pretty hard to move up in the rankings and quite likely that we actually drop, and with the auto bids you pretty much have to be in the top 14-16 to get in. Its been awfully quite on here lately, do you guys still think this years team is better than past years ?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I got moved to a different department so I dont get to follow hockey as close as I did when the season started but the guys really have hit the skids since the Showcase in October.

As long as we are in the top 20 come final rankings we will make it in but we definitely need to pick things up. Will be interesting if BB moves up to the D1 team when January rolls around but they need someone other than Turner to really step up as a scorer
By redhot
Registration Days Posts
I am pretty sure the top twenty does not automaticly get you in anymore, with the auto bids (division winners and host team) getting in we almost have to be top 16. I have also heard BB may just stay in D2. It is pretty hard to say that they hit the skids since the showcase because prior to it we didn't really play anybody that I would concider a good team. Playing junior teams that are having try outs and D1 teams that our D2 team would completely distroy does not give a very accurate gauge to measure by. You are right it is going to take more than one guy to turn this around.
By redhot
Registration Days Posts
You should have scrolled down a little further, this is also there

3. Should a team receiving an automatic berth not be ranked in the Top 20, then the lowest ranked team will be bumped from the tournament. This will continue until all automatic berth teams have been moved into the Top 20.

Which was also the case last year, not all top 20 teams made it in automaticly, several did not get to compete.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
touche redhot...according to the list of affiliated conferences it looks like 5 plus RMU (IL) get automatic qualifiers, so the target at this point is to be in the top 14 or something like that (although Im sure we arent aiming that low)
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]