By far the most popular Club Sports on Campus making them well deserving of their own home. Bring your Hockey Club discussion here. All D1, D2 and D3 Men's and Women's team will find a home here.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Liberty enters into ACHA play as they host the Mercyhurst Lakers for a doubleheader Friday and Saturday.

Mercyhurst finished #20 in the 2011-12 American Collegiate Hockey Association rankings after losing 8-0 to eventual national runner-up Oakland in the first round.

Rick Turner leads the way for Liberty with 9 goals and 11 points after four games. Lindsay LeBlanc is second in goals with 4 after garnering a pair in the 4-3 shootout win over a game Atlanta Jr. A Knights squad last Saturday night. Clayton Brown is the leading goaltender for the Flames, entering the weekend with a 3-0 record, a sterling 2.67 goals against average (good for 7th in Division I) and a .900 save percentage.

Mercyhurst is led by sophomore Alex Galbraith, who led the Lakers in points (47) and finished second on the team in goals (16). Patrick Mayhew is the second highest scoring returner with 14 goals and 30 points. Brian Danczak leads the way in net, finishing last season with a record of 12-5-1 and a 3.51 GAA.

Faceoff for the first game Friday night is set for 7 p.m. Saturday's matchup starts at 3 p.m. so as not to conflict with the Flames' home football game with Lehigh that evening. Live video will be available for both games on the Club Sports website.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Flames win their fifth straight game 8-2 over Mercyhurst. Freshman Kyle Garcia scores two, Senior Rick Turner scored his tenth on the year already and Blair Bennett went the distance, only allowing the two goals. Flames go for thir third straight sweep tomorrow afternoon so come on down to the Ice Center and cheer them on to victory before heading to the football game. Puck drop is set for 3 P.M.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Flames get the sweep with a 5-0 win on Saturday (sorry I forgot I hadnt put the Saturday result up). Freshmen Kyle Garcia and Bram Erickson both with a pair of goals and Clayton Brown gets his first career shutout and fourth win (tops in the country). Next up is Robert Morris this Friday and Saturday.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Flames get the sweep with a 5-0 win on Saturday (sorry I forgot I hadnt put the Saturday result up). Freshmen Kyle Garcia and Bram Erickson both with a pair of goals and Clayton Brown gets his first career shutout and fourth win (tops in the country). Next up is Robert Morris this Friday and Saturday.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]