By far the most popular Club Sports on Campus making them well deserving of their own home. Bring your Hockey Club discussion here. All D1, D2 and D3 Men's and Women's team will find a home here.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
This forum should be shut down and merged into the General Sports forum. It's not even NCAA. We have NCAA sports (very successful ones - golf) without their own forum. No need for hockey to have their own.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I respectfully disagree. But I also loved the wrestling program- so take my opinion for what it's worth.

I'd argue that the hockey clubs have a greater following than many of the other sports programs- NCAA or not- which warrants their own forum.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:This forum should be shut down and merged into the General Sports forum. It's not even NCAA. We have NCAA sports (very successful ones - golf) without their own forum. No need for hockey to have their own.
Only if we can kill the NBA thread :wink:
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:I respectfully disagree. But I also loved the wrestling program- so take my opinion for what it's worth.

I'd argue that the hockey clubs have a greater following than many of the other sports programs- NCAA or not- which warrants their own forum.
And where have you been?
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I think the NBA thread has more posts in itself than this forum does.

If this one stays alive, can Golf get its own? I mean with the run they just had, they deserve it. They deserve a forum over men's hoops. :lol:
By Rooster Cogburn
Registration Days Posts
and some of the real sports like Swimming, Women's lacrosse, and tennis have to go in general while this club sport get's its own forum.

I suggest adding a club sports forum.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Fine with me. I just don't think Hockey should have its own forum when Golf doesnt
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Fine with me too
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The reason why this had its own forum is because a few years back we had quite a bit of traffic in here. Unless it picks back up, I would be fine with rolling it into General Sports thread.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
i think he was bored and wanted to start something.

BJ has made it quite clear that club sports are important. Who could possibly disagree with BJ?
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Of course you feel that way since it's personal for you. But golf deserves more recognition than hockey. No offense meant.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I would have no problem with one of these options:

1) Golf gets its own forum and the hockey forum stays
2) Golf gets its own forum and hockey is rolled into a general "club sports" forum
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
My viewpoint is based on the fact that one of our most successful NCAA programs (golf) doesn't have its own forum (which may be warranted), but a club sport (hockey) does (which also may be warranted).

Either let them both have their own forum, or neither, or golf its own and hockey not its own. Just my opinion.

Sorry (for typing like hte Beej).
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Rooster Cogburn wrote:Bump! Golf needs it's own forum. Hockey does not.
I agree, but very few people around here follow college golf. Hockey is far and away more popular despite being a club sport.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
Rooster Cogburn wrote:Bump! Golf needs it's own forum. Hockey does not.
I agree, but very few people around here follow college golf. Hockey is far and away more popular despite being a club sport.

That^^^ I think is the major reason why golf does not have its own forum. Until then, as much as I would like to agree with you, I dont think youll see hockey getting merged with the rest of the genera sports.
By Rooster Cogburn
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:I still don't understand what hockey has to do with golf. Give golf their own forum. No one will care about it until tournament time like almost every other sport forum here. I have no problem with that. My question is why does hockey have to lose theirs?
I think it's because Hockey is a Club sport and shouldn't get special attention over official university sports.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Rooster Cogburn wrote:
BuryYourDuke wrote:I still don't understand what hockey has to do with golf. Give golf their own forum. No one will care about it until tournament time like almost every other sport forum here. I have no problem with that. My question is why does hockey have to lose theirs?
I think it's because Hockey is a Club sport and shouldn't get special attention over official university sports.
My original post came off snarky so I deleted it and I'm trying again:

this board is not affiliated with LU- so what gets "Priority" here or "special attention" has no bearing whatsoever on the university or varsity sports programs.

I realize you are aware of that. My point being- that's a bad reason to change something if that's truly your rationale. And it comes off as petty.

We've always had a ton of traffic on the hockey forums, even before you became "Rooster Cogburn"- I'm sure you remember. It may have tapered off recently, but it's still hands down, more popular HERE than golf. That takes nothing from golf- I love golf and our program has done very well lately.

SLY's quote on the forum front page says it well:
They've got their own ice on campus and a history of competing with all comers. So its time they had their own board as well.
Add in the fact that they support 4 teams and have thousands attending their games on a nightly basis.

Feel free to post as much as you'd like in the golf threads. It would be great to see more activity there. And if you dislike hockey- don't read it. NEITHER CHOICE WILL AFFECT THE STUDENT ATHLETES ON CAMPUS.

This entire board is getting like the political forums- people have THEIR viewpoint if someone else doesn't agree they're wrong and "things have to change". :dontgetit
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
This forum has more updates in it then say the soccer forum. Last one for soccer was Sept 4th, this one Dec 25th.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]